Guest rules, do you have any?

I only do airport transfers for my sons and the friend who has given me a key to her house in the UK and told me I can use her spare room anytime! She will also collect me from Stanstead, although I usually hire a car and so don’t really need that!

I like animals Barbara, but can't stand pets.

Somebody nearby has had guests all of last week who are still there this one. Their car number plate shows they are from another department but only a couple of hours drive away. They appear to get up late, sit on the patio, go indoors to eat a couple of times but go out? They are always there when I take dogs for a spin and the man who lives there, being a baker, is out working all night. So who even does any shopping? Their car appears to be as though 'fixed' in one place, so did they bring it all with them? Holiday? Weird.

We do Vic! We occasionally get gite guests who only leave the premises to visit the supermarket! I find it so odd… Why visit a place and just sit round the pool all day every day…

Thanks Clare, I concur with the rash although mine was quite fine, it's seems to block the pores of the skin from their natural breathing and was midly itchy so I wouldn't use P20 again and by the sound of it the new formula is no better.

Thank you for your information very helpful. Years ago I tested a lot of different creams on samples of left over liner, some had slight staining but P20 was in a class of it's own and exactly matched the green colour of the stain. The only thing to have ever so slightly removed it was the magic sponges but they are midly abrasive so I wouldn't want to use them too much and some liners have a clear coat lacquer so I am not sure it's recommended but the sponges did turn green as it lightened the stain. It would have taken a lot of sponges and an small army of helpers to do it though.

It was guests last year that used it, so fairly recently in the scheme of things and their daughter came out in a rash after using. But she was convinced this rash was something we had put in the pool. We always check chemical levels and have never had anything like that with other guests, so it could only be the cream. We but Ambre solaire pre season when the price is low in a range from 15 spf to 50 spf and trade these for any that do not meet our criteria. We have had no complaints about this and the agencies we use also specify in their T&C's banned creams and oils. One agency we use has a holiday let themselves and have experienced the damage suncream can do first hand. Their liner split along the waterline where the cream had settled and fell in to the water and they had to cancel all their lets because they couldn't get a new one in the high season fitted immediately, hence their co operation with the ban of certain creams. I hate to think what these creams do to your skin!!!!

Hi Clare, I wrote to Reimann P20 just last week to inquire about the change to their formulation. I too had the same but some years back, it has been banned at ours since. The new formulation I haven't tested yet but agree the reports so far are that the Ambre Solaire dry mist doesn't stain pool or bed linen/towels etc.

The P20 formulation was completely changed from the old to add a UVA screen. I know the old P20 had to be applied 45mins before going outside so it could be that people weren't dry by the time they entered the pool. The new formulation is only 15 mins I believe so more chance of the stuff drying as it's supposed to be extremely water resistant requiring a detergent or soap to break it down. It caused a fine rash on my inner arms after a day or two so I stopped using it. Mind you if it's washed off with soap I suppose it could still harm bed linen and towels but as I said not tested the new formulation so any experience from others who have the latest formula would help.

Jane. Do you actually have guests who come to stay & don't actually leave the premises? Weird or what?

John, this is one of the worst creams for pool liners it made our pale blue pool liner go dark green around the water line. It is one of the specific ones that is banned from our pool. Lucky we caught it in time and removed it but I know someone else who used it in their pool and it is wrecked! The only ones that do not seem to mark the pools are the clear dry sprays and we find ambre solaire generally does not mark.

Is he an Irish male from outside Dublin Zoe :wink:

Reminds me of that joke about the quiz with a first prize of a week in Albania and the second prize was two weeks in Albania.

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

Use P20, it’s not greasy and lasts al day. We used it on our daughter when we lived in South Africa and Dubai. She never got sunburn.

Unlike in the UK I’m not sure a bottle of wine is appropriate. The host will have decided already what wine one should drink with the meal they have prepared. Better to bring chocolates or flowers etc.

Oh, Iwouldn't be THAT mean, but I could think of a couple of things to wind him up. Of course OH is too nice for that, and I daresay I tend to play nice for her benefit.

I know Shirley, you can buy them almost anywhere but I can get 30 times as many for the same price as in the supermarkets if I buy on line :-) They don't last very long with all that scrubbing so to buy in the supermarkets would cost a fortune doing it every day!

Lol, I wouldn't dream of it. sister in law says he is so mean he doesn't use heating in winter, and orders his kids to put jumpers on.

Never make them feel unwanted. Simply put out leaflets for the nearest hotels, gites, etc, on the breakfast table if the day of arrival was bad and you doubt it can improve.

It is a high density sponge that needs no solutions/chemicals etc to remove stubborn marks or dirt. You can get them on the internet, made by JML, Mr Muscle etc. I buy my unbranded ones off ebay and they work just as well. You need to bear in mind that if your pool liner is already badly marked it will not erase years of grime. A friend of mine recommended them and we have never used anything since. Trick is to do it every day. Hope that helps.

Darwinism: nature's little miracle fix ;-)