¿Hardcore?

plaque vibrante

I think you can hire these, the one my terrassement people used wasn’t quite the same.

As soon as I find the round tuit with “do the drive” on the back I probably will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would hire a vibrating roller if you dont want to be there for days.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225099114927?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Zc1Oy1ISTsq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=6ChYD7PPQQ-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Interesting, @fleur- thank you!

1 Like

Ooops! Not sure how it got into the hardcore thread…

THis is what happens here @fleur :rofl: Blame the gremlins…

1 Like

If you ask that nice @billybutcher… I’m sure he will move it for you to where you want it to go :wink:

remblai = ballast or filler I think, eg if concreting over a terrace to make a patio.

Saw a sign outside a house having some work done on it near here last year - handwritten on a blackboard “Remblai accepté”. Or it might have veen Accepte Remblai.

Aldi in UK sells a very good Scheppach compactor about once a year for about £270 IIRC. It always gets fab 5star comments and people say its price for quality would be many times that. Hiring one can cost about the same for very few days I believe.

Scheppach do sell stuff on Cdiscount here in France seasonally I think.

1 Like

no concreting here…

Spell checked :roll_eyes:

All I can really add to this is that if you decide to use a membrane, you must use a proper geotextile membrane as @vero suggests. The cheap mauvaise herb stuff is useless for something like this. I’m part way through redoing my parking area, lifting all the old gravel, de-weeding and then laying down a 400gsm geotextile layer before redoing the gravel surface. It is a big job, and I unfortunately damaged the rotator cuff in my right shoulder in March, otherwise it would have been finished by now. Just restarting work on it now.

My wife calls that membrane “Bidim”.

1 Like

Same thing

2 Likes

Tout venant,peut etre

Tout venant is pretty much where I put stuff at the dechetterie, how is one to know the difference when using the term?

Try tout venant de carriere

1 Like

Dont be fooled into thinking that the cheapest or most expensive weed barrier will stop your prized gravel drive turning green. Certainly it will reduce deep rooted weeds but the little blighters will grow in anything abd as the dust from the air gradually clogs up your open textured aggregate drive the weeds will arrive. Regular weed maintenance and removal is essential and if yours is an infrequently visited holiday home you will quickly be asking yourself, why did I bother!

You bother with the heavy grade stuff as it certainly helps stop gravel migrating downwards and path/driveways sinking.