Help locating a destination

Good call - we’d forgotten Mirepoix - just spent an hour looking at pictures of beautiful old buildings. We’d be interested in details of your gite - we usually use Gite De France but if you have a weblink???

Ah, that brings back lovely memories of spending ages trying to find our way out of the Roche sur Yon one way system a decade ago.

@Peter_Bird it all depends on what you are looking for. I live in a small village not far from Lourdes. It suits me as it’s in the heart of the country but everything I need is close by. I could never go back to living in a town again after living in villages for the last 8 years or so.

Hi Steve, We have a gite available for friends and family - so don’t have a website, but I think you may be able to email me directly and I will send you some photos? Amanda

Our last home before we went back to Oz was in Gaja la Selve!

1 Like

great to hear toryoo! Perhaps when the holiday crowds leave we might bump into each other!

1 Like

I’m up in the Dordogne now! Still go to visit friends in Castel’ / Gaja occasionally!

I’ve spent time in and around Trie sur Baise. I found it a lovely place. Just don’t try to translate the name to English :face_with_hand_over_mouth::open_mouth:. The market in Bagnère de Bigorre was also great, and the town is a good gateway to the Pyrenees. It doesn’t take long to get to the ski resort of La Mongie from there if that’s your thing.

Thes 'nowt wrong wi Baaaaaaaaarnsley

I think this was for @SteveG or @Peter_Bird …I’ve lived here for over 15 years…

1 Like

Yes, sorry @Dee_DeTolkTW , I seem to have replied to the wrong person.

Rumour has it that the Luftwaffe passed over a few times and did £50 million of improvements !!!

1 Like

No problem @hairbear :grin::pray: