Help my faithful Humax has died - what should I replace it with?

Fairy nuff, ours is just sharper in all respects. Where we really see the difference is David Attenborough and nature programs.
No point in worrying same as audio, after about 45 your ears cant hear frequency so well so not much point in spending big.

Amazon France has a number of new and refurbed models for sale. Largely from Chigwell, UK.
I bought a new one as an insurance policy and it arrived in just 5 days.
Get ‘em while they’re hot!!

Try telling that to the hifi loving community! There’s more to it than frequency response.

True, clarity also important as is uncompressed format source media. A big lie in the industry is HD music that comes from LD source material.
Then the audiophiles can argue all they like over speaker leads and interconnects.

We’ve done the same.

Do you have a link for folks on here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUMAX-HDR-1100S-Freesat-Freetime-Recorder-Black/dp/B07D912T4L

There are lots on Amazon UK. Was delivered quickly, efficiently. As @Poquelin says, most coming from Chigwell.

If you ever find that the remote for you Humax box starts turning your TV off when your go to put your Humax in standby, you need to do the following to reset the Humax remote:

1. Remove the batteries
  2. Hold down the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds
  3. Replace batteries

And if your Humax box ever plays up by not connecting to your WiFi network or reports bad Satellite signal strength/quality, you need to disconnect the power supply, count to 10 and replace.

Putting them into standby doesn’t seem to reset them.