Help Required! ADHD

Have you asked at school for help? My son is on the autistic spectrum and had similar problems at school, lack of concentration etc. School were very helpful. Where I live there is an organisation called CPEA, I contacted them and he had several assessments with an educational psychologist who then determined a course of care/therapy for him. The department educational psychologist also became involved, he was instrumental in assisting my son with an one on one classroom assistant (AVS) and also referred him to another organisation for assistance SESSAD I think they're called. I never took up that referral because he was already with the CPEA two afternoons a week. This assistance has been ongoing for approximately 2 years now, it was difficult to get it but now it's here I wouldn't want to lose it. It's also made a remarkable difference to my son's life, he can interact with people, concentrate, he's excelling academically because of the help he gets. It may be worth contacting your local CPEA initially and seeing if you can get a referral.

With regards to "me" time I can't really help there, the best thing I did was sign my son to Scouts and Guides of France and then every second Saturday afternoon I get three hours to myself.

Hi Jo, I have some experience of this with a young daughter. I would be pleased to give some comments / help but would prefer not in open forum. Just send me a message directly and I will be pleased to reply. We are based in the Hérault so knowledge of local help is mainly limited to our area within striking distance of Béziers.

Thanks Brian! I've done just that! But I'll leave this up on here as well for a little while - just in case anyone knows of anyone etc... and are not a member of the kids' group!

Jo, since you are new it is possibly not yet clear what is what and where. For this post I would suggest you join the Franglais Kids group, repost it on there. I am quite sure you will get far more help within that group that by being here under general discussions that move through the system relatively fast. As for the help, sorry can't offer it myself, too far by far!