Hosepipe ban

Good price! Where is that, anywhere near 37?

Unfortunately not. Its an absolutely knock down price I think.

1 Like

Grumble.

That’s the problem - not being around means I always miss the bargains - 145€ in Casto

Locally 80€ for 1000lt, brand new (never used).

1 Like

As I said… “can” come under the ban etc… if in place… these things are nearly always done by the local Prefecture/Mairie working together.

Farmers rarely draw potable water to irrigate… :wink: and, according to our Maire, drawing from a well is the same as drawing from the ground/mares whatever…
No matter what, wells are great… used appropriately they can be so very useful.

Ah, Jane "bossu” Jones :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can she visit SE 47 if she comes over?

1 Like

I think she would be welcomed to do a tour de France!!

1 Like

We visited Egypt with her many, many years ago… and one place we stopped at … they’d not seen or had rain for 10 years… there were kids who didn’t know what was happening… :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

with the 1000L ones they do come up second hand but must be very careful as to previous use as some sellers are not honest and they are contaminated.

I always wondered how those get cleaned when the, I presume inevitable, green stuff starts growing in the bottom of them if water is stored in them for a while. Normally I’d just grab a brush after leaving an alimentaire-type bicarb solution to stand in it for a bit. But I’ve always wondered how you’d get a brush into them to clean them.

What sort of place is selling the 1000L.at 80 eur @Dr-Le-Dolly? cheapest I’ve seen here in Lot was 119 in Cahors (same shop selling same thing 129online), I think it was Pôle Vert

Most folks around here have several of these 1000 litre water tanks.
https://www.entrepot-du-bricolage.fr/p/pr-recuperateur-d-eau-de-pluie-1000-litres-894406

From memory we paid around 80 euros each (excluding the tap).

1 Like

Jetwasher.

1 Like

You can buy covers for them that inhibit algae and prolong the life of the tanks.

1 Like

Our village (84) has only 1 of 3 anciens lavoirs still flowing but there is a constant queue of vehicles waiting for folks to freely fill multiple plastic containers and motor off home (presumably) :red_car::taxi::blue_car:. Ground water well chez moi is dry.

FYI - useful or not, ground water access/garden well should be declared to le Mairie:

Pourquoi déclarer un puits dans son jardin ?

Deux raisons essentielles justifient la déclaration des forages domestiques :

La déclaration vise à faire prendre conscience aux particuliers de l’impact de ces ouvrages sur la qualité et la quantité des eaux des nappes phréatiques. En effet, l’eau est un bien commun à protéger.
Oct 8, 2021

My wife told me that they are pulling trout out of the rivers in the Cantal in order to try and save them, the levels are so low.

The right hand side of the Allier from Brioude to Issoire had been on a total domestic watering ban since mid-July, and that is now being extended to the left hand side up to the outskirts of Clermont, but guess what, the agglo clermontoise is stilled spared (for the time being, at least) the “red alert/crisis” label, despite it being the largest consumer of water in the whole area :rofl: :rofl:

We also suspect that some government department is flying drones/UAVs at night over the area to check (presumably with thermal imaging) whether or not there are any naughty players out there. The drone has flown over or nearby between 22h30 and 23h30 every night for the past 10 days, always pretty much on the same WNW-ESE trajectory, at about 300m. I thought that night time drone flying was banned, but apparently there are some “special” derogations.

At that price buy 2, they stack well, are connectable and if you manage to get black ones, no problems with stored water going green.
We have 2 connected to the garage roof, and 2 x 300 ltr connected to the house roof. My veggie plot is thriving sofar. But I only water every other day.

Sh*t

Sh*t indeed. This is our marre. We have just spent the day picking out 100s of dead fish and moving live ones into every sizeable container we have (including the dinghy that is now home to the largest carp).

Our gardener has said he cant use the lawmower for fear of setting the dry grass on fire.

3 Likes

No idea if the chap that does ours has bothered - just looks very parched at the moment.

Except the weeds that is, they seem to be doing fine :confused:

Very funny :slight_smile: