House view with fosse septique

I had a micro station d’epuration installed two years ago and it’s been fine up to now.

@Dawnt
@AngelaR
This picture should be familiar, can you name all the places?

1 Like

Don’t know any of them !!

@Peter_Bird you are not from the steel city then!

Most definitely not, the bloater town actually.

Don’t think I’ve been to the centre since the 80s.

John, yes, now we’re talking. The iconic ‘hole in the road’ loved walking through there and looking at the huge fish tank!! Cole Brothers department store, Castle Market, Tinsley towers, great picture, thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

I remember the hole in the ground but the Coles I knew was the one in Barkers Pool - recognise the old building but can’t remember what it was when I knew the city centre in my teens.

Is the one at the bottom left the “new” council offices The old town hall was beautiful…

1 Like

The town hall was a beautiful building Angela, I remember the Christmas lights and displays outside it. Not sure about the building at the bottom, I left Yorkshire in '81 :blush:

1 Like

I more or less left in the early 70s although made visits back to see family. I can remember the shops my mother dragged me to and also the destruction of quite a chunk of of the southern city centre for the creation of a weird dual carriageway…

It is the egg box extension to the beautiful town hall, a 70’s architectural vision, much the same as the many concrete monstrosities of the time. The egg boxes have long gone.

@AngelaR your later comment of leaving Sheffield in the early 70’s explains your comment. Never heard it called the hole in the ground, always known to us Dee dah’s as Hole in Road, note the absence of ‘the’ :rofl:
A Dee Dah?
Hey up Dee, arh Dah guin on.

AHA… so I was right in thinking that was what it was - it’s so long ago now though. I’m glad if it’s gone although I haven’t been back to Sheffield in many years…

1 Like

I don’t know Sheffield but I noticed the hommage à Jarvis Cocker :grin:

John, replace ’ Dee’ and ‘Dah’ with ‘Thee’ and ‘Tha’ and you have, for example… 'are tha going on cock?!! (going of course pronounced with a u in place of the a and ‘are’ in place of ‘how are you’… :rofl: :rofl:

Or for folding over a comb and making a kind of music by blowing through it. Anyone else do this?

Just in case anyone read the original post the fosse is condemned but was installed in the basement not in the grounds nor buried. There were also asbestos sheets on two dependance roofs and covering the oil tank. Wiring, plumbing, kitchen, bathroom and roof all need replacing. AS usual with houses in France they are asking far too much.

Thanks for the advice though, very helpful indeed.

PS My OH is from Rotherham

Yes, a common cause of constipation in British school children.