How are you feeling post Brexit?

Bored stiff and asking myself what purpose a Parliament serves if it doesn't debate and vote on everything.

Personally - stay in, please, do not activate the famous para 50, would only bring misery.

I have my pensions from Germany and live in France for over 20 years so I'm not too worried, but it would be a pain to apply for a Scottish Passport (where, for goodness sake - the Scottish Embassy? Doesn't exist - yet!

Another group saying, oops, we "didn't quite understand" what Brexit would mean http://uk.businessinsider.com/farmers-who-voted-leave-are-regretting-their-vote-2016-7?utm_content=buffer958a8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

And now apparently foreign aid is going to be used as "leverage" to secure trade deals. I give up. It's a farce.

+1 to bored with all the fuss. There are more immediate and interesting things to think about. And to worry about too - personally I'm far more apprehensive about how much Matignon's new property tax to support the regions is going to add on to my bills, because that looks like a definite and is likely to affect me sooner any of the Brexit changes will.

Have a read of this.......... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/racism-unleashed-brexit-eu-referendum-post-referendum-racism-true-scale-of-post-eu-referendum-a7149836.html What did anybody expect when we have a government like this? It's in cahoots with such people.!

I find that horrifying and personally I blame it on some newspapers/brexit campaigns. The referendum was meant to be 'simply' in or out of the EU as an entity but some media like the Express fuelled hatred and this is the result.

If you have real concerns and want to have your thoughts in front of the people tasked with negotiating, I have started a new self help and lobby group.

'Expat Citizen Rights in EU' or 'ECREU', aims to get MPs in London and Brussels to state the expat case in negotiations following the EU Referendum. Concerned UK citizens living in EU countries are encouraged to join the group so their views can be collated and put to the negotiators.

The group was set up in France by UK expats, Roger Boaden who earned an MBE during his working life at the top level of UK Government and lives in the Haut Vienne, long time expat campaigner Brian Cave from the Lot, Harry Shindler, the 95 year old veteran campaigner who lives in Italy and received his MBE for his services to Anglo-Italian relations - and me.

Membership of ECREU is free and you can join from web site: www.ecreu.com

Valerie, farmers are not the only group who "didn't quite understand" and fell for the false promise that the money which we would not have to spend on the EU budget would be applied to their cause.

I am not sure that "leverage" is the right word to use regarding foreign aid. I think it only right that we attach some conditions to aid. Aid has been appropriated by despots posing as leaders and for aid to reach those who need it and not Swiss bank accounts must surely be a step in the right direction.

Parliament debated and produced The European Referendum Act 2015.

Why debate it again ?

Democracy in action Ian. (warts'n all)

I have joined. I will email David Davis who used to be my MP, I liked him, he is a hard man ex TA SAS and chief whip and we crossed swords over a mini crime wave so he might remember me.

Usual worries, right to remain, pension not frozen, taxation agreement!

I took that from the description being used in the media as Priti Patel is saying (although I've not gone back to check verbatim so may be misquoting) along the lines of the using existing relationships with countries which receive aid from the UK as a means to secure trade deals.

Whatever happens politions will keep lying to us like they allways have.

Well, I've never felt more British, never felt more interested in politics, never felt more positive in my life. I don't believe for two seconds that anyone in the UK or anywhere else chose to vote the way they did because of a picture of Boris Johnson standing in front of a bus (whatever was written on it) - I spent 25 years in advertising and it just doesn't work like that. The remain campaign threatened world war 3 for God's sake!! I don't think that worked either.

Interestingly, here in the South the reaction from the French has been overwhelmingly: "Jammy Anglais - they always get out just in time! Listen, when the EU turns wrong, you won't forget us, will you? You'll come back and help us, like you did last time, won't you? Promise us." I've had to promise!

The FTSE is back where it was, the exchange rate will get better - when I came to France it was 1.14 - it's higher than that now. I reckon 1.30 is about right, but it goes up and down. And however bad our politicians are - they are a damn, damn, damn sight better than the French!! How many British politicians can get convicted, like Sarkozy and Jupe of genuine corruption and come back as contenders for Prime Minister (President)? Like five years later? Absurd! And as for the local politicians - my own village Mayor did a secret deal with a nationl company to have a lorry through the village every six minutes forever - she doesn't even live in the village. Let's not talk about Auzat where a quarter of a million euros has vanished without paperwork, and the people were sold into the hands of Smdea, the local mafia water company - the water pouring out of the hills and running through the streets and the water bills suddenly 300 euros a year, and NO ONE has a copy of the contract - NO ONE...

Don't get me wrong - I love it here, and all the Europe I've seen, but I am heartily glad my country is out of the horrible Brussels thing.

1 Like

"How many British politicians can get convicted,"........ no, there are plonkers like Blair,who has gotten away with war crimes and made 60 million quid in fees from private clients around the world.

1 Like

You are right. The standards here are abysmal. I rented a car in one of the biggest supermarkets while my own car was on the mend and when i gave it back they slapped a charge of 20 € for the privilege of cancelling the credit card debit and the staff never mentioned this when we rented. Moreover the car had a defect and locked me out so i had to walk back and claim for a second key to open it. Plus staff was fastidious with cleanliness. Bang another charge. I complained and the jerk as a manager brushed aside all my comments. Never go there to rent a car. Rip off merchants at Hyper U st Junien. 87.

Yes dear. A new tax on homeownership in the pipeline. All this new bureaucracy to pay for. Big regions require big budgets and it was supposed to bring savings and economy of scale..

. I joined too. Lets join!

UK may secede soon

UK may secede soon

UK may secede soon

UK may secede soon

Very well said, Robin! We also sifted thoroughly through all the election hype and rubbish (and nasty threats from Remain camp) and did indeed go on to make the decision to leave along with a majority of like-minded voters....had the rediculous threats of Remain been toned down or removed we would have definately seen an even larger margin of winning votes. I grow so weary of hearing about 'the bus' when all the people we've since spoken to admitted they realised it was what was being sent (since today it's found to be even more) to Brussels, and that it 'could be put to better use by the UK' should a vote leave be won and the UK be given democracy and autonomy back....IF there are still those who didn't listen to the leave proponents properly, when asked about the figure, that's their problem.

1 Like