How to buy a bath - or how to pay for it?

That’s the type I have - rubber seal in the female end, smooth face on the male end where it will seal against a rubber seal with a filter for the taps.

To my annoyance, I forgot to bring coring bits, so I’m going to have to buy a bit to make tap holes in the bath. :roll_eyes: At least it’s acrylic and not steel. :smile:

If need be I could drill a circle of small holes and file to size (effectively what I did to move the toilet waste). :stuck_out_tongue:

Clamp some scrap wood top and bottom just in case as you get a nice clean hole once the cut is established. Well its what I do.

1 Like

There were some strange looking parts I remember when I first came to france and different manufacturers fittings didnt always mate nicely.

I did it 30+ years ago using one of those wobbly rings + holder with concentric circles. Very nervous but it was fine and we still use the bath.

1 Like

Buying plumbing fittings here gives me a headache. Not least because some things don’t appear to be available in the bricos (like inline stop valves in 14mm with compression or solder fittings). Come back Screwfix - all is forgiven.

And, bizarrely, I found what I presume is mains feed water fittings in 1/2" 3/4", 1" etc. Wei-ierd.

I’m not some determined Anglophile who insists on doing things the British way, but I find French plumbing stuff disappointing.

Cos we invented BSP and a lot, if not all the bricos are linked with counterparts so stock gets shared.

1 Like

Progress of a sort.

Still waiting for the bath etc to arrive. In theory it’s just a couple of hours to fit: shorten pipes already there and fit Flexi adapters, drill tap holes, fit waste, site bath and check it will level up ok, install drainage pipes, install and connect taps, make sure all connections are good and bath is stable and fixed in place. There’s going to be some making good and a piece will be needed at one end of the bath because the end wall isn’t even nearly straight.

If it comes by tomorrow morning then I’ll have it in before we go, but otherwise maybe a job for next time. All work an no play etc. :wink:

3 Likes

Doing a spot of pumbing myself

2 Likes

You’ll see most valves etc are on a BSP thread. BSP is the “universal” connector(s) - rather than 8mm, 10, 12 etc.

When in doubt - you can always get around any French plumbing problem with a BSP fitting.

2 Likes

Well at least you have something to go on :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Flushed with success…

3 Likes

Put a lid on it!

2 Likes

Enough with the toilet humour

2 Likes

This thread has really gone down the pan.

2 Likes

We’re on a roll now :rofl:

3 Likes

Actually I think we’ve gone round the bend…

2 Likes

It is a big jobby

Nah, someone is just pulling your chain.