HSBC France bought by CCF

I hope they sort it out. I’ve actually had no interaction with them since the cutover, but I must shakedown the site and visit the Branch.

I am in the US, and return to France at the end of this month, and on the top of my agenda is to close my account with CCF…I have a business account with CIC in Rodez, and a wonderful account manager who does transfers for me with email instructions- I appreciate this so much, because during the three months a year that I live in Tanzania I cannot even log in to see my CCF account. So in light of this outstanding customer service, I’m going to move my personal account to CIC.

@Heidi_Leigh … QED :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Having lived in France and elsewhere worldwide, banking experiences in France have always been complicated, and frankly appalling. As continuing HSBC USA customers, we remain secure and well served. We are holding steady thanks to HSBC USA. Our needs in france are minimal. And while minimal, what few banking needs we have, it is still appalling. In short, it is still well worth being an HSBC USA client. But thanks for the CIC note…I am gathering info to exclude banks other expats have found problematic. Perhaps CIC might be worth our attention.

Any news on bank charges? I seem to remember we were being given a 6-month grace period which will be coming to an end in June. I’ve read all the terms and condition and they say usual fees apply which doesn’t help. This is what I’d like to know: I’ve messaged them twice but no answer yet :frowning:
Bonjour/hello,

Est-ce qu’il y a des frais pour tenir le compte/ Are there any fees for having an account?

Il faut payer pour avoir un chequier?/ Do I have to pay to get a chequebook?

Pour recevoir des euros d’une banque etrangere, il faut payer? / Is there a charge to receive euros from a foreign bank? (eg. euros from a Hong Kong bank, or euros from a British bank)

Merci / thanks!