I found out I have a child in Paris

Actually you have been badgering her and asking intrusive questions repetitively, and setting a private investigator on her.

She may have very good reasons for not wanting anything to do with you.

And everything @Sandcastle said

4 Likes

I am trying to see it from a totally independent angle. But what exact proof do you have. A private investigator has told you she had a baby. What does that prove in relation to you. Has the private investigator worked within the law in France, is any information they have gathered admissible?

2 Likes

I think these situations can get emotive very quickly, and we all need to remember we donā€™t know the full ins and outs of this history. That is not our business, just to give what advice we can from our own experience.

However, my experience of France suggests that if you suspect she has had a child, and you are the father, then you need to do this formally. France is big on formality, and as others have said rights and responsibilities. In general quite fairly.

2 Likes

which is why the OP needs to contact a French Avocat without delay to discuss the whole situationā€¦

It will be for the Avocat to gather the ins and outsā€¦ before he can give advice on how to proceedā€¦ (through the legal system or through personal contactā€¦ or through whatever)

EDIT: Of course, the Avocat might well advise that NO action be taken. That is something for which one must be prepared.

4 Likes

You know the old saying Dazed "Mamaā€™s babies Papas maybeā€™s ". I find the tone of your comments verging on treating the child as a chattel. Maybe next time you have a fling youā€™ll ensure you donā€™t make the same mistake although even the mighty like the UK Prime Minister donā€™t always learn.

1 Like