Ideas for the winter months in France

Would love your knitting wool! But where are you?

I'm gobsmacked so probably best I don't comment further....

After over 30 years of having lovely house sitters, some paid some not and even doing home exchanges we had a bad lot. They came with excellent references (now found out given just to get rid of them) and we thought we had good judgement but realise now that there are some very different people now getting into house sitting. So 12,000-kms on the car, 1600€ EDF bill in 4 months and coming home to a cold, damp, mouse infested house have made us take a break.

I worked as a publisher and editor for almost 40 years and sailed and raced so did not have time for hobbies... Tried knitting (anyone want some wool) adult colouring books which sent me to sleep. We really are in an unsophisticated, rural area so no theatres etc and as we have been here 5 years and it is only our 2nd winter here have run out of ideas.

https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/ - Just brilliant!

What happened with the house sitters? I am interested. Unless of course it is too painful and so on. To answer your main question, when I am not working, the answer is DIY, gardening, wood cutting and fixing stuff (trying to).

HI...I'm sorry to hear you had a disastrous time with your last house sitters.......where did you get them from??? I am registered on trusted house sitters.......have done lots of house sits and have good references.....I am still free so far over Christmas and New Year........i like rural as i live in Corsica......its very very quiet here over the winter...i tend to occupy myself by walking..painting and photography!!!! I work for 7 months of the year 24/24 so its nice to finally have some time off....contact me if you still need dog/house sitter! Karen x

Walking, cycling, sailing, reading, music.

Golf, skiing, snow boarding, horse riding, ULM / microlighting, village fetes, inviting friends and neighbours round, going round to friends and neighbours, concerts, theatre, cinema (brilliant films out his winter!), Sunday (or and day!) BBQ's in brilliant clear sunshine, line dancing and Ceroc, fabulous winter/Christmas markets, trip out to the coast and over the borders, walking, wine tasting, exploring places you've never been (playing - shall we turn left or right??), trying different restaurants, museums, monuments, landmarks, cultural centres, city tours, assisting charities - animal rescue, Restos du Coeur, language learning, read the books you've always wanted to, photography, fishing, cycling.....

So that's week 1 taken care of :-)