If you won millions...?

What I would really like to do is somehow address cruelty to children and animals…then sort out the perpetrators :angry: I know, I live on planet Lily :vulcan_salute:

Correct. You have to be physically present in UK to buy a valid ticket - or be paid the winnings if you win.

I once had a run of winning tenners that paid for the initial stake and then some. And the month after my Lotto partner ducked out I won £110. The lotto got it all back in the end, of course. That’s OK. I was punting with their money.

I had a very testing time back-along. I was in a right old 2/8 and sleep was difficult. Like Lily Stevens I used the fantasy of a Lotto win to get me off to sleep.

I only punt on the nags in the G National and the Derby - except two notable occasions. One was the 1000 Guineas. A woman in our office, who was friends with someone at the local racing stable, said that her friend told her that this local horse would win. So I had a modest dip and it did.

The other time was the only time I have ever watched morning TV. There was one in the bedroom I was staying in so I turned it on whilst getting dressed. The racing gents for Ch4 were discussing the prospects of Ch4’s racing that day.

One of the guys said, “You lot are going to think I’m mad but I just fancy Mujahideen as an outsider in the …” Collapse in gales of laughter of stout parties.

I had recently come back from 9 months in Peshawar where I dealt daily with Afghan mujahideen.

I bet £10 and won £145.

One day a woman jockey will win the National. I do bet on the leading woman jockey on that basis.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Euros​:euro::euro:

1 Like

Resident I think?

my words are in response to someone talking about winning the UK lottery … while in France… tax liabilities etc … :crazy_face: :crazy_face: re Camelot’s T&C’s

Our tabac sold the first big euromillions winning ticket back in 2004 (33 millions euros) and 1 million euros won the same year on the loto. I bought the business in 2012 and we’re still waiting for the third big win (jamais 2 sans 3 !) We had a 60.000€ Keno winner a few months ago but that’s still a long way off the jackpot wins.

As for me, I’ve got plenty of ideas on how to spend it!

2 Likes

Just looked up the rules. Physically present in UK or IoM

Totally agree with you Stella :smiley: I won years ago around 5000 francs, then once 800 euros.
I play hhmm​:unamused: every few months, but like you 3 or 4 euros can make people smile :blush: and that’s fun xx

Oh my… you’re definitely nearer the millions than I am… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: … well done…

Hi Stella, yes indeed I am :joy::joy::joy::joy: