I'm muting all political threads now

does that mean he’s a twat? :wink:

1 Like

I think that epithet is applicable to all readers of Twitter.

1 Like

Have you used Twitter?

1 Like

Never, and no intention of doing so :grin: same goes for facebook :grin: and my life seems to run pretty well without either :grin:

4 Likes

It was a requirement for one particular job I had.

1 Like

That’s fine ,as long as you have grounds to comment , no problem

Whether or not the coffee has grounds in it… around the dinner table, there’s rarely a problem… just gentle comments and chat. :rofl: :wink:

My daughter gets exasperated that I won’t use Twitter. I gave it a whirl once, at her command (I hear and obey…) but soon backed off. Not my cup of tea… or coffee for that matter… :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

Any member of SF - whether a member of twitter or not - has a right to comment and you have none to inform them otherwise.
If you disagree with that, contact @cat or @james for confirmation as the site owners.

1 Like

I must admit I did quite the eye roll at someone being given permission to comment, but decided it was best to keep :zipper_mouth_face: and work off the notion that we all have our eccentricities. :see_no_evil:

Shall I start talking about food, to bring the thread back on line :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
as no-one seemed to notice my Coffee mumblings.

2 Likes

I didn’t say people don’t have the right to comment, I said have grounds to comment, ie if you have never used Twitter how can you say users are Twats
Somehow I got off to the wrong start on this forum I am sorry if people have misunderstood my intentions but running telling tales to @Cat who by the way is on Twitter and @James smacks of the playground to me

4 Likes

I viewed Lizzie’s question as more asking whether I knew what I was talking about or was just another ‘ban the thing’ keyboard warrior. In either case I’d have a right to express my views here, but one might carry a bit more weight than another.

I’ve been active on t’internet for a long time, and used to participate in social media quite a bit. Twitter always seemed a bizarre place and I find it hard to see why any reasonable human being would go near it, yet many millions use it daily and even run businesses through it. I also feel a little grubby if I use Linked In too, and that’s quite hard to avoid at times. I tend to check it a couple of times a year or if someone messages me through it and I need to reply.

3 Likes

It’s just a bit of childish internet hyperbole - something I’m guilty of at times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Lizzie - TBH I read your comment as ‘if you know what you are talking about’ kind of thing which I feel is totally valid.

And yes, twitter is great for all kinds of stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh I would love to be retired and able to take such stands! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Roll on that happy day!

2 Likes

@graham
Is your keyboard shortcut for @cat and @james a bit sticky?

1 Like

I love Twitter, prefer it to Facebook. I tend to use it for news & information (French and English) and to follow people I’m interested in like Nicola Sturgeon, David Olusoga, JK Rowling and our very own @cat amongst others. I post very little and definitely avoid the nastiness.
Izzy x

4 Likes

I don’t do it either, but i would have thought they would be called Twits

1 Like

I love JK Rowiing on Twitter

2 Likes

She is feisty! Keeps to her principles despite all the hate. Love her for that!
Izzy x

2 Likes