Improve your Google Ranking -Tips

Interesting James, thanks.

It's a shame about the 'title' business as 'GET UP' was meant to be an emotive 'shout' to persuade readers to read from an intrigue point of view.

Possibly not an ideal approach, in any event. I have a similar 'self defeating' results on some web pages. I detest splash pages, at least their 'samey style', so I often use just a picture or one word or an icon on the front page ( no text )....I gather as a spider trapper that's not good either, although I do get excellent results on index pages.

The main site attracted 35,000 unique visitors over around 250,000 pageviews for the previous 30 day period.

Potential reach on the Facebook page is 1.8 million, ie if every person that likes the page shares a piece of content it would appear on 1.8 million peoples FB walls!

wow!

Looking at the source code for this page I can see we have a poor title tag;

GET UP! - SURVIVE FRANCE NETWORK

It does not describe the pages content well, a better title would be 'Improve your Google page rank - tips'

To create a good title try to think as if you were searching for the content yourself on Google.

The meta description is better;

<meta name="description" content="...Up the Google rankings, that is. Most of us here will have blogs, 'n websites, at least those who are trading.

The description contains some relevant keywords and a phrase - websites, blogs and Google ranking.

So if I were doing a search for google rankings I might find this page, if you look at the adwords keywords tool - you will find that the search phrase 'Google rankings' is quite competitive so to get on page one you'll have to work very hard to get your page organically ranked high enough to be found.

You can of course pay Google to rank your page higher in the search results using an Adwords campaign

The phrase 'Google rankings' is searched for globally 90,500 times per month and would cost you 74 centimes every time someone clicked on your link. This could get expensive quickly!

Use the Google Keywords tool to find less competitive phrases whether you intend to promote your page with a paid for campaign or not.

Here are some of the 800 alternatives offered by the tool, it will also show you how many time the phrase is searched for and what the cost would be per click if you were to pay for it. It's a powerful tool and it's free to use.

google rankings

seo google page rank

better ranking on google

keyword search rankings

increase google page rank

improve search engine ranking

google page rank 10

increase page rank google

best search engine optimization

how to get ranked in google

improving google ranking

affordable search engine optimization

improve search ranking

high ranking on google

google shopping ranking

better google rankings

improve google page rank

how to increase google page rank

find your google rank

increase search engine ranking

google ranking websites

how to improve google page ranking

google top 10 rankings

google pigeon rank

google ranking software

google ranking api

google pr rank checker

how to improve search ranking

improve page ranking in google

google high ranking

increase page rank on google

how to improve google pagerank

search engine rank checker

google ranking report

search engine marketing training

how to improve your google ranking

improve your google ranking

search engine optimization techniques

google ranking of websites

rank high in google

how to improve page ranking in google

keyword search ranking

increase search engine optimization

google search ranking checker

organic search engine optimization

search engine optimization check

improve search engine placement

improve search rankings

improve search engine position

google search position checker

search engine placement checker

google search results ranking

search engine keyword ranking

google page ranking toolbar

google chrome

google alexa rank

google ranking algorithm

better google ranking

improve search engine optimization

get ranked on google

search engine optimization tool

google page rank update

increase your google ranking

google rank software

search engine optimization consultant

top google rankings

increase search engine rank

increase your website ranking

search position checker

google rankings tool

google rank algorithm

how to improve google page rank

google ranking factors

top 10 google rankings

get ranked in google

check keyword rankings

google page ranking algorithm

improve search engine rankings

pagerank lookup

search engine optimization tutorial

improving google rank

how to get ranked on google

how to rank higher on google

google business ranking

how to increase page rank in google

seo site ranking

alexa google rank

ways to increase page rank

search engine optimization tips

how to find your google ranking

google pr ranking

google page rank algorithm

show google page rank

increase search engine rankings

keyword search rank

how to increase google page ranking

That's great James,

I have a couple of sites that have no 'use' now, but the rankings are good. Can I just change the content wholly, and still retain the rankings, any idea?

Very attractive deals, James, for those who recognise the importance of good web visibility.

Can you remind us again of the sort of 'page view' figures SFN are achieving, on the main site and the FB pages?

Placing an ad on the Business Owners page on SFN gets you a PR2 back link for 8€, placing a text ad on the main page though, will get you a PR3 back link for 20€ a month. Back links must not have the attribute or Google will ignore them.

Don't stuff your content with key phrases, keep them to under 10% of the content.

gold-dust!

Sorry that one doesn't really have anything to do with page rank!

Make your pages load quickly, test it's speed at www.pingdom.com and with Google Analytics. Load speed is a Google page rank criteria.

The average Facebook user has around 200 friends, if a visitor shares a piece of your content it will land on 200 peoples walls!

Encourage social interaction by providing share buttons so people can share your content with their friends.

this is great, better than an ebook!

If you name your images they will appear in Googles image search results, so it's worth doing.

Excellent advice thanks James.

That's called scraping, Google will rank the page less highly if it appears on multiple pages, fresh content is king.

Write good title tags and meta descriptions, these are the bits that will show up in Google searches.

Write content that contains key phrases relevant to your market.

Don't scrape content from other site, Googles bots can tell if you're copying content from elsewhere.

Know what your keywords and phrases are and how much competition they have using Googles keywords tool

Use Google Analytics to see what content is popular and where your referral traffic is coming from.

Great, thanks again James.

Is it correct that if you copy the 'text' on your site to a Blog, then that 'confuses' the search-i-o-bots , and creates downgrades for both pages?