Income Tax Declaration 2019

I have to make my income tax declaration online, as I usually do, but have problems this time.

In the past I have had only to fill in forms Annex N° 2042 and Annex N° 2047.

For 2019 I am being asked to fill in Annex N° 2041E and Annex N° 3916 and I haven’t the faintest idea what these are - I can’t seem to escape them, and therefor cannot complete the declaration.

Can anyone help me out here please? I believe I have to make my declaration by the 4th June by midnight!

online deadline is midnight 12th June (surely??)… so keep calm
3916 are your non-French bank account details…
as for the rest… no idea

2041E is for non-residents…it seems to be a work sheet so you could try just filling in 0 as final total and see if it will accept that?

And 3916 is the one to fill in for each and every bank or building society account you hold, so that one you have to do if you have any accounts in the UK.

I suggest you phone your tax office as it seems that they still think you are non resident.

Depends what department you are in, as it varies.

• du 01 au 19 et non-résidents (zone 1) : jeudi 4 juin, 23h59
  • du 20 au 54 (zone 2) : lundi 8 juin, 23h59
  • du 55 au 974/976 (zone 3) : jeudi 11 juin, 23h59.
1 Like

quite right… I was thinking of something else… sorry… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Did you follow the advice given in another thread on SF here?

@Bonzocat no need to panic… if you are in real trouble… you can simply send a message to Impots through your secure messagerie…

Thankyou all.

Well, I filled in zero for the non-resident form 2041E, thankyou Jane - it worked. And I have recorded my only bank in the UK on 3916.

Both these forms are new to me - weren’t required for 2018.

Hate filling in Tax Declarations - still don’t understand if I’ve filled them in properly. I always used to go to the tax office each year to sit down with a tax official to make sure that I’ve complied. But now online it’s a headache.

Have now submitted and hope for the best! The deadline is 4th June at midnight.

Have tossed around the idea of employing a French accountant - it means paying a fee but it’ll get rid of that headache!

You can always discuss things with your Impots folk… and if you really need to… they will let you do the Paper in future ( with or without help :wink: :wink:)

most important things to remember…
keep calm;
never be afraid to admit you “don’t understand” something;
never feel bad about asking for help
the Impots folk are not ogres :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

The 3916 has long been a requirement - you had to download the form in paper format, fill it in and post it along with your paper tax return (or just list the accounts on a separate piece of paper).
Now the on-line system prompts you for the info and next year it will have remembered the data so you just cycle through it without having to do anything - unless you have opened a new account or closed the one you have declared.
But there is no reason to panic that you have only now declared the account - you have regularised the situation and all should be well from now on.

Thankyou Graham - useful to know. I was never informed by the tax office that they needed me to fill it in.

I had enough wits about me to argue strongly at the local tax office, and not to give up, when I was told that the tax calculated for that particular year was correct. I knew it to be wrong, that I was paying over 1,000 euros too much.

I went several times, spoke with different members of staff on duty, and was always told that the computer was right.

The last time I was told that I thumped the table (pretty loudly) and asked to see the Boss. The Boss appeared and looked again at the computer and agreed with her staff. I persisted until she slowly eased back into her chair, staring at the computer screen, and said I was right! I knew I was right.

She printed out several forms in triplicate, each of which I had to sign - and then its was finished. I was reimbursed over 1,000 euros.

I was shown out by the back door as the office was closed and lights were out by then. I was polite throughout, as were they, but the thump on the table was necessary!

Wow… good for you…

I’ve never needed to thump the table in France…
but I did have to do it once or twice in UK… and my ex-colleagues still laugh about it with me when we reminisce … :roll_eyes: :hugs:

the worst I have resorted to here (although not with TaxFolk)… was to rise up from my seat, with such force that my chair fell over with a crash… that certainly caught their full attention :joy: :joy:

fortunately I was leaning forward onto the table…otherwise I might have stumbled and ruined the whole effect…

I would guess that near the beginning of the online process you ticked a box that generated the form 2041E. You only get the forms that your income sources require.

or rather
“You only need the forms that your income sources require” but if you tick all the boxes, you’ll get all the forms and then have to decide which ones apply and discard those that don’t.

I think you must be right David, but I was unable to understand what was going on at that moment, and couldn’t discard it.

So I filled in that particular form 2041E with zeros and have emailed the tax office to explain why and also to confirm that I am indeed a resident.

2 Likes

Is it right that as soon as you’ve made the declaration you can get an indication of how much the tax bill is?

Yes Tim. Final page and you can also print out the full return and all its components (but doesn’t include the amount payable if I recall)
The amount payable only remains on screen until you press continue and then it’s gone so you could print that screen off first.
Other than that, you can use the simulator (based on what you declared) to calculate your liability and print that off.

Thanks Graham, I’ve done a simulation and the tax liability is what I thought.

1 Like

Different dates for areas of France,mine is 10th June. Charante.