Info for those who don't follow the News

2 Likes

Maybe the government is finally taking the Great Nutella Riots of 2018 seriously :joy:

1 Like

It’s worth noting that prescription charges have been abolished in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The nine pounds plus charge only applies in England.

1 Like

Gendarmes are warning about Cowboy Tarmac layers
 (you know what they mean
)
Seems they’ve been running amok in Dept 16 & 87
 and they’re now in the Dordogne

So don’t be taken in by these “faux bitumeurs” :wink: :wink:

and if you do come across them
 phone 17 and report 'em
 asap

Don’t think I’ve ever before seen this combination of nouns

Prompted thoughts of Glenn Baxter’s cartoons

1 Like

All over the lace right up to 70%

Liquid detergent

I think you can read enough to get the gist

1 Like

now waiting to see how France decides to move forward on this subject

and what’s changing as from 1st March

I can just see roads blocked by ancient pensioners next! The sooner they do it the better as just about every day we encounter an ancient (who may well not be much older than us) doddering down central line of road, failing to indicate, coming to a sudden stop, and pulling right out to the right to be able to turn left. No doubt it is seen as an inalienable right of the rural ancients to be allowed to drive when deaf, nearly blind and unable to turn one’s head.

I would be happy to be tested and accept that at some point I may have to stop driving. But I don’t want to kill anyone through my intransigence either.

1 Like

I had to do a double-take then as I thought you were replying to the post about abortions :grin:

I had already been informed by Argirc-Arcco about an increase and glad not be younger and receiving RSA any longer. To have had to find at least another ten hours work each week would have been impossible and here in this dept, is the highest unemployment rate running at over 12% currently.

It’s young drivers flat out on narrow roads I worry about. I was that soldier but in a wreck with no power. Now a modest hatchback is faster than a Ferrari was in the sixties.

I think any health checks must take into account the wonder of ever improving driver assist systems. The RADAR and LIDAR looks after the eyesight issues, Bluetooth enabled hearing aids solve the hearing problems and 360° cameras obviate the need for head turning. And, of course, with electric cars an onboard defibrillator isn’t a problem. A nice set of Recaro seats with the incontinence feature, so loved by rally navigators, and the autoroute is your oyster.

But the reactions are still rubbish, so wouldn’t look at onboard computer in time!

1 Like

And the Recaro incontinence feature
?

No Jane, the “onboard computer” takes action on its own. For example adaptive cruise control, which also works in traffic now, or park assist which slots you into a space, horizontal or parallel, and stops you touching anything. I don’t think I could crash my car even if I wanted to :face_with_hand_over_mouth: That’s the future.

I hope so, I want to be able to drive when in my 90s at least. That’s in 13 years time, so I hope they’ll have it sorted by then.

1 Like

Is it flush, flush and wash, or flush, wash and blow-dry?