Installing a domestic wastewater treatment system

Sula they are not suitable and not allowed for holiday homes as they need a constant supply of you know what and the aerobic system requires an air supply to be left on.

Hi,

I am in the midst of planning an upgrade to my septic system too. Can you tell me if this is acceptable for a holiday home as I understand there are some restrictions? Thanks.

Hi Maureen,

Happy New Year to you too! I won't go into specifics as the exact cost will depend on a number of factors, but it was significantly cheaper than local quotes I had for a traditional soak-away system, plus it was quicker and less disruptive.

Give Andrew a call if you wan't to get a good idea of cost, he's a very nice chap :)

Hi James. Was this expensive (if you don't mind me asking)? Happy New Year to you and yours!

I would be interested to know the rules about the location of the installation in respect of these new type of systems. Is it still the case that no part of the system can be within 3 metres of any building, or within 3 metres of the boundary of the property ? I assume that it is still necessary to keep well away from large trees and also vehicle access routes as well ?

Ditto.

anyone heard of Klargester sewage treatment plants???