Intermittent UK satellite tv signal

Probably less need - Freesat is a UK service so the firmware can presume it is operating here and doesn’t need to cater for other countries.

The firmware in modern TVs needs to cater for multiple models and multiple markets and ideally needs to involve the user as little as possible in the initial configuration to reduce support calls from people too bemused to set their TVs up.

2 Likes

Thanks… I see there’s a book in English which I might buy when I next get something from Amazon France.

1 Like

Don’t Bouygues offer an online TV service? We have Orange broadband and an Orange TV box. It cost nothing, just 10 euros initiation fee.

1 Like

Yes, they do but it’s for Android TVs, phones, tablets and iPad but not the old Samsung TVs which are a law unto themselves. It concerns the old Tizen OS of Samsung. Newer versions don’t have this issue.
BTV link

Ah yes, Samsung exceptionalism! It’s not confined to old devices either, I was recently asked to set up a friend’s new TV, something I can do in my sleep normally. Well this was a Samsung QLED set, and it nearly beat me - weird or what? And no instructions. I downloaded instructions to my phone and finally managed, but it took me two or three hours.
I will never buy a Samsung TV henceforth - lesson learnt!

2 Likes

Shame really as they’re generally good kit. I like the connect box where all the cables go to with more or less a single connection to the TV.