It is essential that you declare any accounts and investments held outside of France

Graham - I’m not as knowledgeable as others here but happy to offer whatever insights I have on any given topic. I moved to France on my own in 2014 not knowing anyone here, so I guess I’ve learned a thing or not on how to adapt to a culture that is simultaneously wonderful and infuriating.

I have always told them about my Current Account at HSBC in the UK but I also have two other accounts with a minimal amount and earning no interest, for some time, at HSBC - should I have declared the other two also although probably all three come under my Account Number with the Bank ?
Debbie

Yes, you need to declare each one with its account reference. They will not all come under the same account number.

Well I am another Graham devotee - I completed the contact form and he responded within the hour and within a couple of hours all my queries on account declaration have been answered. I can now do my tax return hopefully with no fears. Thanks again Graham for all your kind help.

1 Like

Thank you David and by coincidence, HSBC have just sent a letter saying they are changing all account numbers and sort codes due to new banking rules as a result of the global economic crises as requested by the UK Government, in order to protect the economy and taxpayers (well, this is what they say) …so new BIC/IBAN numbers, cheque books, paying-in books, bank cards, etc !! They say they are moving personal and commercial customers to a new part of the bank, HSBC UK…does this mean that expats will no longer be able to hold an account in the UK, me wonders suspiciously ???

1 Like