It’s official the transition period ends at the end of December

well it allowed me and hundreds of others to pursue productive careers away from the class distinctions holding us working class oiks on the lowest rung of the ladder; opened our horizons, built our understanding of or neighbours, and demolished the hate of them we no see resurfacing in the uk; i thought that had great value for concerned, and contributed to the peace of europe for seventy years, something you evidently disapprove of - although the uk was a beacon for that for forty-five;
i a buggered where the excess cost comes but for me the investment (both ways) in europe was incredibly beneficial; again you would disagree;
i have delightedly taken french nationality, to live a multiply proven better life as part of europe, so i wish you well wanting to go back to isolation or being part of trump’s america;

| David GAY
15 June |

• | - |

What we have given up by this idiocy seemed pretty good to me so I’ll leave it to you John David to get your sovereignty back before the United Kingdom finally falls to pieces.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| John David Blackburn johndbl
13 June |

• | - |

Graham I remember it well it was the 1st January 1973 and the idiot was one Ted Heath. What we were promised, is not what we have ended up with and at what cost to the UK tax payer.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This announcement by Gove was to be expected. My intention to move to France has been telescoped from 12 months to 6. My flat in Valencia has gone on sale today at the correct price, after going on sale two weeks before lockdown at the agents’ fantasy price. However, I take a crumb of comfort from this by BBC Europe Editor, Katya Adler

Whatever the next months may bring, negotiators from both sides privately acknowledge this summer is probably too early for big compromises.

The theory is that the “other side” would simply bank those summer compromises and demand more come the autumn.

And if they’re almost there but not quite, come November, the whispered wisdom in Brussels is that with all the “clever lawyers” in town, as they’re described to me, it should be possible to find a way of fudging an extension (though for political face-saving reasons, especially in the UK, not actually calling it an extension) for a limited period beyond the end of the year, if both sides want one, and only if they are very close indeed to sealing the deal.

After all my years EU-watching, I cannot imagine the bloc allowing a deal with close neighbour and ally UK to fall through over a deadline, if the UK government too were keen to keep talking.

But this is not an official topic of discussion in Brussels, never mind London, at this stage.

ie that i need garden mowing help - region beaulieu sur dordogne, sth correze; land size (to be mowed) app; five hundred square métres, mostly one in ten sloped; anyone have any microentrpreneur contacts or names; professional companies are way too expensive for my pension;

i am prepared to invest in a new mower if required, but would also appreciate advice on makes and models; my wife -eight years younger than me, and far fitter now says with the right mower she is happy take on the job, but i want to ensure we don’t make a mistake! so mower must be reliable self-starter ie ( not cord pulled); must be geared (tractor) must suitable for an older person to use - not heavy, and capable of doing the task obviously;

any and all views gratefully received

Either of these of any use?

What I ended up with was far more than I could have hoped for when we first joined. The money they have given Wales for example and the huge markets. Marvellous. But, of course, there have been set backs - Britain vetoing the vote against the introduction of cheap Chinese Steel because they wanted to stay close to China (the US demanded it). So damaging to Germany (and the UK steel business as it happened). Several other damaging actions like that, so I think the EU will probably, all things said and done, be better off without the UK. Just feel so very sorry for Scotland.

1 Like

To be entirely accurate we won’t know whether there will be an extension of the transition period until the end of this month.

Perhaps the UK will make an unusual and uncharacteristic U-turn!

Even Johnson has said “no” too many times for this U-Turn.

Thought of borrowing some sheep?

He should get " no U turns" painted on his plane, something like

index(2)

Maybe in place of the RAF roundels…

image might be more appropriate :wink: