Keeping a car in France

It seems Teresa that each CT Centre interprets the regulations differently at times. I’ve read here on Survive France that headlight beam deflector stickers are acceptable. However the CT centres I’ve asked at have said they’re not and that a car with them would fail the CT. Someone posted what they said were the new reg’s ( as of May/June 2018 ) so I printed the link out. But when I showed it to the technicians, they said it didn’t state that deflectors were ok. My French isn’t good enough to decipher them totally so I had to accept what they said. So I’ve paid for new headlights and also for a 2nd rear fog-light to be fitted and then will do the CT. If you got yours through on the headlight stickers then bravo !

I had to go to a different ct centre,my local one wouldn’t accept them.

Sadly, not all CT centres are up-to-date with the new legislation… and/or… there are occasions when the headlights have been degraded in some way and are thus not up to scratch … in which case the beambenders will make no difference…

You’ve bitten the bullet and replaced the lights… so you can relax…

I got my Peugeot 2008 lights from oscaro.com. The cost me about €230 and the local garage fitted them for €110, total €330. The lights are Valero lights. Peugeot wanted €1000!! My car passed control technique with out having to reverse the fog lights.