Language requirement for carte de sejour

Thank you Mick, she’s my evil twin sister, looks nothing like me though :rofl::wine_glass:

3 Likes

Late g

I reckon you’ve flunked the language test, Norman :rofl:

Still trying to figure out if it is sticky keyboard, fingers or brain! Probably all three.

I was trying to add to the Sandy Hewlett post (I think?) about ‘language tests’ etc. - probably on the wrong site now! I was going to say that although there is no official language test for over 65’s on Nationality acquisition, people shouldn’t forget that this is still France and the whole process unsurprisingly, is all in French. That includes the ‘informal chat’.

As and when the UK leaves the EU, I don’t see this will change in any way to favour non-EU applications, which will of course mean English. However kindly the
French may look on people who have lived here a long time, the fact still remains that your status will change to ‘Alien’ or whatever designation is chosen.

Having Johnson as the PM and of the ‘French Turds’ appellation, could not in any way be seen to working to the expats favour. Which I am sure bothers his Cabinet not in the slightest. Remember Ian Duncan Slime is only too keen on cutting expats adrift!

You can only hope this British Government will be of very short duration - although the alternatives don’t look that great either.

1 Like

There is a recognised test, plus the DELF/DALF

https://www.ciep.fr/tcf-anf/i