Light my fire!

Got a kind father in law with a wood. Seven trees fell in some storms a few years back, been busy with the chainsaw. Should last us a couple of years. Not looking forward to having to buy the stuff.

Woodburner has just gone on as the house feels slightly chilly, warmer outside than it is inside! Hopefully will not have to put the heating on for at least another couple of weeks …

We can’t put the central heating on for just a couple of nights. One of the disadvantages of electric underfloor heating.
However we have a Charnwood log burner and it covers for situations like that. Also works well to save elctricity in the colder months.
On top of that I hat being cold so we heat our living/ dining/ kitchen to 24°C

We’ve been putting the central heating on in the evenings for the last couple of days, here in Charente Maritime, but we haven’t lit the woodburner yet. Usually, once we’ve lit it, it goes day and night until the spring. I agree Stuart, last winter was way too long and cold. Our woodman said he never really stopped this year, he was still doing deliveries in May! As for scraping ice off the car Brrrr.

Had to scrape the ice off the car this morning (Figeac). Put some heating on for the bathrooms. It looks like we’ll have to light up soon. Quite early for Figeac. Hope the winter’s not as long and cold as last year.

We’ve had our fire on at night for about a week now. Our house is really old, great for keeping out the Burgundy summer but at this time of year, we light up around 6pm, put about 3 or 4 logs on and it helps us to get out of bed in the morning. Today, we’ve had it on all day, it’s been really toasty.

not yet, we need to buy wood

We lit ours days ago, but it’s partly used to dry laundry, it’s not that cold here (Dax) yet.