Limousin - warm welcome?

Can you please explain how it takes you four hours to Lyon?
We live in Southern Burgundy and it takes us about an hour and a half to get into Lyon by car.

Via N145 A89 331 km, OK I admit it, I got the time wrong…it’s actually posted at 3hours 57mins. That’s from home to the hotel (Hotel Le Royal Lyon-MGallery) in the centre.

1 Like

We go by coach and it takes us a whole day… (mind you we do enjoy breakfast and lunch on the way…) :hugs: :joy:

1 Like

That’s interesting, Stella - I’ve never gone anywhere by coach in France and wasn’t really aware that they existed as a possibility :roll_eyes: Shows we’ve spent too much time in the garden and not enough exploring :smiley:

There is quite a decent coach network in France,some of the times are a bit odd though

1 Like

Thanks @Eddie . In our neck of the woods the train times are definitely odd, so we’re used to that :smiley: How do I get to look at the coach network? (Sorry - I know this is off topic and I’ll go away soon but I was intrigued!)

1 Like

Eurolines,BlaBla/Ouibus,Flixbus all run services in normal times or you can google coaches in France and get an agent type system who will search a journey for you

1 Like

That’s very helpful, @Eddie - thank you :hugs: Now all we need is the freedom/safety to roam and we’ll be away :rofl:

1 Like

Must confess this was a private hire… we do it every year, with friends… (except last year, of course…)

But there are all sorts of coach trips around France…( in normal times… )

1 Like