Living in France part time and Managing a Gite or two = No Brexit Responses Please!

That was going to be my next question Caroline, so thanks for that. I was wondering if you had a few buildings on the same land, but used one for yourself and rented the other out, what the implications would be of that. We are planning on getting a good accountant fluent in French/Anglais tax obvs :slight_smile:

We kept to a single supply for both house and gîte, as didn’t want to pay two lots of abonnements let alone everything else. Now we are questioning whether that was a wise long term decision as if we want to sell separately we will have to rework the supplies.

Bonjour Elizabeth

I have read through this thread … and agree with a number of comments that suggest you should think of buying into an existing gite business - a going-concern. There are very few people now renovating old properties as it just isn’t worth it any more. Local people spot white vans full of English brickies a mile away and have no qualms in denouncing ‘black’ labour. And then there are the norms, which, when it comes to electricity and plumbing, are quite different from the UK or Ireland.

You can find nice ‘big house + 2 gites’ set-ups in France … though further south than you want … for around €300k. I’ll be happy to show you a few that are on the market: there are 80 or so listed on this page.

Good luck!

Simon

1 Like

Thanks Simon, I will check your list out, and let you know when we are in a position to start looking

Simon

Do you have any further north near Bordeaux / Libourne?

Thanks

If you have Irish citizenship then nothing will change for you post Brexit so I have no idea why you keep going on about it.

1 Like

Or why she left out that detail for so long.

1 Like

Tyre kicking?