Looking for builder/artisan who can screed

Try telling that to stupid british visitors who demanded heated pool. :joy:

In our then holiday home we bought in 2002 we had a heated in ground pool installed. We sold that house in 2010 after realising it did not suit our lifestyle when we became permanent residents in 2008. During that time we visited regularly and enjoyed the benefit of our heated pool from May to November. I remember one year we had a pool party on 5th November. Our current pool isnt heated and does reach temperatures of 29/30 in July and August but other times I wish it was heated.
In defence of visiting Brits I dont think they should be labelled as stupid to want a heated pool. They are an expensive luxury to be used and heating extends the season.

Me too! :slight_smile: Is it not possible to turn the heating off in July and August?

Sorry should have said in July and August.
That said, the air temperature when you get out makes you feel colder getting out of a warm pool, its all relative.

Do they have to be? We’ve friends who just diverted their pool circulation system through black tubing on the pool roof.

2 Likes

Leave behind the ridiculous pump setup of most pools and add a variable speed low energy setup and it becomes 90% cheaper to run the filtration.

1 Like

If you use solar heat capture tubes (with a bypass circuit) they are good at getting to pool up to temperature at the start of the season, and hen the pool starts getting too hot in the middle of August I bypass them - or leave them in circuit and the pump at night to drop the temp by 2-3 degrees,

Just drape a big blanket over the sun - that should do it :wink:

3 Likes

Extending the season is all very well but getting in and, especially, out of a warm pool outside in the chill of Spring and Autumn does not appeal!

1 Like

This is why you shower or just chuck water over yourself then let the cold get to you before getting in. And when you get out have a good big towelling dressing gown ready.

2 Likes