Loss and return of Freesat Channels

always thought you were an old git Roger… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What size dish do you have - an 80cm one (as @Rocam has) should probably be OK.

It’s worth getting a local antenniste in to check that your dish is aligned and that other parts of the system are working properly.

Atmospheric conditions can certainly affect things, but it’s often more that they expose the fact that the system is not quite set-up properly (or has deteriorated, either mechanically with satellite alignment, electronically as components age and maybe start to fail or just components which were never up to spec reveal that fact when conditions become marginal (especially coaxial cable as @hairbear mentioned).

If you are losing C4, but not C4+1 you might be losing 10714 H, but still OK on 10936 V - though the latter seems to carry C4, as does 11307 H - so you might get somewhere with a channel re-scan.

But the best approach is to start with a system where you know that the dish is aligned, the LNB working and with a good quality (and not water-logged) down-lead.

through and through, someone on here once called me a dinosaur, which I thought was quite flattering.

1 Like

Have you tried a new download or installation? just a thought or maybe a bigger dish?

I’m also in south 17. No problems at all so as other have mentioned you probably need to get your system checked out. You say the problems started in June so could be related to the big storm we had then.

1 Like

It’s common with marginal setups in marginal signal areas to get issues in summer, so getting your system checked is a good idea. The reasons why this happen are various, but hotter and/or more humid air is one factor.