Low cost mutuelle reinstated for S1 holders apparently

Thank you, Kim. @JaneJones has already explained that.

Read Jane’s link, but like her am still in the dark. There’s nothing I can see indicating anything changed since last year.

So really not clear where info would come from indicating the holder of a UK-issued S1 wouldn’t still be refused?

If there is any SF person who thinks they are/might be eligible… why not apply and see how things pan out… ???

From the link, it does seem only to be the very-low income which is the key-factor…

The comment I saw elsewhere from someone who was involved in negotiations said it would be posted on Ameli - but I can’t find any update! However a couple of people report success - again no detail.

You have to send in a copy of your avis d’imposition to proove to the CPAM of your income so that would be where they decide if you are over or under the threshold.

CSS has indeed been restored. I was part of the team of RIFT, led by Justine Wallington, who have advocated for this to be reinstated through meetings with the EU Commission and also with French and British authorities.

This is what we released on RIFT recently having been advised by the Embassy. However we were hoping that it would have been released to the media sooner, it will come but it’s just a tad slow.
RIFT CR - Remain in France Together - Citizens Rights | Facebook

We are delighted to announce that the following 3 messages will be posted on social media:

OPTION 1

Struggling to pay for your mutuelle?

Check your eligibility for help with the “complémentaire santé solidaire” (CSS) on ameli.fr. We can confirm that this benefit is once again open to eligible UKNs registered within the French healthcare system, including those of you with an UK S1 form. Please make an application at your local CPAM office. If you have any concerns or questions, contact your CPAM office directly.

OPTION 2

Questions about your access to the “complémentaire santé solidaire” (CSS)? Note that CSS is open again to eligible UKNs registered with the French state healthcare system. If you had this benefit removed in the past year, you can re-apply at your local CPAM office. See more information on ameli.fr.

OPTION 3

Have you had the benefit “complémentaire santé solidaire” (CSS) for mutuelle costs removed this past year? We are pleased to inform you that it is open again to those covered by the UK for healthcare (E121 or S1 form). Please apply at your local CPAM office. You can find more information on ameli.fr.

Thank you to all our RIFT guinea pigs who stepped up and reapplied and some are already reporting that this vital benefit has been reinstated!

As a reminder CSS (complémentaire santé solidaire), also known as Ex-CMU-C and sometimes C2S is a free or low fee top up mutuelle for those on lower incomes.

Please find more information on this benefit in the following link https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F10027

6 Likes

Apologies I missed Jane’s explanation.

I have however posted in full about CSS.

2 Likes

The threshold is published… so folk can check their Avis to see if they meet that criteria…

1 Like

A belated add to this thread. The number that counts is your revenue fiscal de référence which you can find on your (last year’s) avis d’impôt. I say last year as mine has not arrived for this year, but CSS will be based on the most recent figure.

It is shown in a box on right hand side, below the amount you have to pay,

2 Likes

A huge ‘thank you’ to @JaneJones for the accurate and helpful info she has posted in this thread. Thanks entirely to her input I am now in line for a reduced mutuelle - where should I send the cheque, Jane? :grin:

4 Likes

Just wait till we decide it’s time to update our gîte website! I’ll be knocking on your door,

2 Likes

A quick thread update.
Thanks to @JaneJones it appeared that I was eligible for the low cost mutuelle. I applied through the Ameli website but it wouldn’t let me complete the process as it said I would have to attend a meeting.

The last few weeks have been a little busy (see elsewhere!) but my meeting was set for this morning at 10:00. I arrived at 09:30 and explained my presence to the person at the desk. She expressed astonishment at how early I was, but I was immediately ushered into a meeting room. I handed in my completed application form and printouts of my tax bills. All very friendly and helpful and I was out by 09:40. I should get written confirmation of their decision in the next two weeks and the new mutuelle will take effect after that.

7 Likes

That’s excellent news @_Brian !!

I had the same experience. The online application would not complete and I was told to book an RdV at the local CPAM in Vire. This was booked [on line! choose a date and a time!] for 15/09

I had printed off the application so the woman was able to fill in her online stuff chop-chop. When it came to taxes I had no paperwork but using my fiscal # and password she was able to access my tax account online. All done inside 10 mins.

I got confirmation of CSS entitlement yesterday, 29 Sept, exactly 10 working days later.

I immediately went to the pharmacie to update my CV. There’s an operation and a hospital overnight stay + taxi/ambulance there 'n back pending …

What I would like to know is how the reduced/assisted benefit for electricity bills works. I believe that’s one of the bundled entitlements.

Does CPAM inform EDF or do I have to do this?

1 Like

I get chèque energie since it started and its done via the CAF and the Impôts I believe. I never had to do anything, they contacted me and then I authorised the electric company to receive the payment direct so as I don’t have to log on each time to the gouv.fr site and authorise it. I still get the official confirmation by post.

Thanks Shiba.

When you say “Since it started” do you mean your CSS entitlement? And what is ‘CAF’?

Am I right to understand that a cheque is issued and sent to you until the electric co is authorised to receive it direct?

I authorised the one-off payment I received earlier this year to be paid directly to EDF. Will that authorisation stand for all future payments?

How often is the payment made? Is it a fixed amount for everyone or based on the individual’s consumption/direct debit monthly payment?

Apologies for all the ???

The one piece of advice I have always followed is never apologise for asking questions - it’s how we all learn…

3 Likes

I think they start CSS 1st of following month to month in which approved. That’s what my CPAM told me at the RV.

They also said for first application an RV is always needed. They should also have told you CSS is given for 1 year and you must apply to renew each year. Window for applying from 4 months ahead of renewal date (take it for now as 1st of month following approval till you get it) - 2 months ahead.

Renewal application via ameli.fr espace apparently. They can verify your residence easily themselves by checking at renewal if it’s still same as they had previously I was told - so you might not even need to upload your EDF proof of residence obtainable on your espace there at any time, again next year. For sure you’ll need to upload your RFR with the renewal application.

PS No point in updating your Carte Vitale at the pharmacy till after it starts

1 Like

Cheque Energie is generated autonatically based on your RFR that you’ll mostly have had by latest Oct-Nov after you submitted your Declaration de Revenus in the prescribed Mar-May window. Cheque is sent by March/early April in the year following the RFR I believe, by post.

If when you get the chèque you give it to EDF, it will go to EDF automatically in following years if you still qualify. You can also spend it with many suppliers, including bricos, for other forms of energy or energy kit too, I believe.

Thanks for that, Karen. Some supplementaries …

Approval received Fri 29th Sept so should start on Monday 2nd Oct, Deus Voluit.

I don’t understand that. My application was approved 29/09/2023. I should ‘get it’ on 01/10/23, as per your above.

Do you mean I should apply for renewal on 01/10/24? Or do you mean 2 months prior to the month of original approval - Aug 2024.

I showed the approval message to the pharm, my CV was stuck into the gizmo and took several minutes to do it’s thing. I assumed from this that the process of updating to CSS status had completed. Is there some record now that I can check to confirm?

based on your RFR’. What is this? I did my tax return on line as soon as the system opened. I have long since received confirmation of zero liablity.

That might be handy. I think my towel rad has packed up. But I’d rather not wait till March/April next year. The money all goes into/comes out of the same piffling pot and as I don’t pay tax, there’s not much point waiting …