MacAir or Laptop PC?

We are in the process of replacing one of our MacBooks with a MacBook air, if like us you fly to and from the U.K. the weight of the air makes since, add to that solid state memory (no moving parts), plus all the other advantages of a mac.
One other point is service, my wife Linda was in the U.K. A couple of weeks ago, her MacBook had been running a bit slow so she made an appointment to see a “genius”, at the genius bar in the Coventry Gardon store. He fixed it but also fitted a new keyboard and surround, it is now looking like a new MacBook, all for free - " All part of the service".

Having used Macs for the last 20+ years I may be a bit biased. Being a bit low on cash, we had to replace my wife's 11 year old iMac and were offered a new HP Compaq laptop. Wrong! Nothing but problems, with screen/keyboard giving out in the first 6 months and lots of problems since not least of which unbelieveably rude and incompetent HP after sales service in France. Never had a virus on our Macs but have just spent half a day in getting rid of one called Microsoft Safe Surfer plus there seems to be warnings every day about some new bit of malware. My stepson has had a similar experience after switching from a Mac laptop to a PC. I replaced my early G4 Mac (10 years old and the mains connection failed) with one from E bay for 160€ 2 years ago with no problems.

I hate the Windows System which is incredibly "clunky" and user unfriendly. The features/price comparison seems to be in the PC's favour but I think you get what you pay for.