Masks - Migrated

People in Spain, Italy, France and Germany would all prefer travellers from other counties over those from the UK.

Ouch - hope that doesn’t spread to the Morbihan.

ISTR Macron saying that the focus would be on local measures (as in the UK) - anyone know if they have tightened up in FinistĂšre?

Seems to me to be rather odd that some people who wear a mask seem to think that it provides total protection to such an extent that they are then happy to be greeting their friends by kissing on the cheek (bisous).
Also interesting to see the conduct of clients of the bar across the street from my house, which being Friday night, is of course still open and going strong at the time of writing (1.45am).
The more alcohol is drunk the less the masks are worn (the proprietor included).
Also seems that for some, having a mask draped around the neck is a license to urinate in the street.
Perhaps an additional route to infection protection would be to force bars to close at a reasonable time (say 11pm) in order to prevent excessive alcohol consumption that sends the rules about masks straight out of the window.

Chance would be a fine thing round here, where everywhere it’s shutters closed and lights out at 2130. :roll_eyes:

Covid19 survivors phoned into LBC earlier today to describe the after effects. Like the initial symptoms there were differences,but the most common seemed to be extreme fatigue and brain fog, one lady needed to write down all she wanted to say! It seemed that most of these people contracted Covid during the start of the Pandemic.

PS. I am seeing far too many masks carelessly discarded :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It’s a gamble. Can the tourism industry make enough money to survive the winter without killing too many locals? Not a good start. . . . . .

In the context of masks

8 Likes

Mixture of relief and sadness as I shopped in Leclerc at lunchtime today.
Relief that everyone was wearing masks so I could stand down the coronavirus police in my head - no need to be constantly on the alert for some maskless idiot appearing out of nowhere.
Sad that this wasn’t all implemented four months ago.
And deep profound sadness that man/womankind has reached this sorry state. Epidemiologists and environmentalists have been saying for years that this was on the horizon and theirs has been a lone voice crying in the wilderness.
By the way, James Lovelock is 101 this month - looking really good and still writing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

gnome-shell-screenshot-V8E7N0

Our commune has previously issued 5 or 6 cloth masks (free)to every resident

This Monday, I spoke with all the Brits in our Commune.
Everyone still has the cloth masks (thanks very much) and some had bought other sorts (disposable) at shops or pharmacies or wherever.

There are still bales of cloth waiting to be transformed
 so that everyone will receive another delivery

I’ve heard that anyone who has need for a “special” mask 
 either already has them or will have them soon
 but I know no more than that

:hugs: :hugs:

Yes - we got ours free from our commune weeks ago.

2 Likes

Yes, there was quite a movement of mask-making
 great fun
 :hugs:

I’ve been guarding the large pair of scissors I was given to use, as well as the templates 

Mmm
 all I have to do is remember where I put them for safety
 :roll_eyes: :wink: :joy: :joy:

I think it’s worth noting the possibility that Cloth Masks are NOT acceptable on planes
 saw it somewhere on the News today

so, anyone intending to fly
 be prepared
 I think it’s the surgical grades of mask which are OK

Seuls les masques chirurgicaux FFP1 ou de type FFP2 ou FFP3 doivent ĂȘtre portĂ©s Ă  bord de nos avions par les passagers de plus de 11 ans

1 Like

Typical English arrogance

A FB post from an English business in France local to us: A customer waltzes up to the shop entrance without a mask to be told by the proprietor that he must wear a mask to enter the shop - his response? «I ain’t wearing no mask! I don’t have one with me» No problem says proprietor, I can sell you one for 95 centimes
 «I ain’t buying no masks» and storms off! :roll_eyes:
Proprietor wonders which shop said English idiot is going to try next without one to buy whatever it was he wanted :thinking:

2 Likes

Did you buy the house before the bar was established?

What place are they the face mask obligatory I don’t really understand it I now shops but not in bars and restaurants? Because they are all packed around here now no one has one on a friend is down in Cannes went to this car show thingy showed me pictures of the packed stands with at least 500 people on it close together and no one had a face mask the local police where there handled security and no one got a ticket for nor having a mask on so what is the point of this if there is no risk of a fine? Myself I have it one every time I go in to town don’t have a problem Wearing one

@Nigel1 I’m not quite sure how your question is relevant to the issue of mask wearing, but I’ll give you the answer anyway.
When we came here 17 yrs ago the Cafe was privately owned and closed by 8.30pm at the latest.
Since then it has changed hands 4 times whilst successive operators have gone bust. Now it is owned by the Mairie / Commune and is open until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights as it is only by keeping such hours that they stand any chance of making any sort of profit.