Minister suspended after "grabbing" activist - How would you react?

Bloody good question and one that’s very difficult to answer objectively. Often used in psychometric testing. I suppose the cop-out response is … ‘It depends, it depends, it depends…

‘Easier’ responses may be - Never, No, Always, Yes or Sometimes…depends how black and white your are! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have I just written a load of bollocks?

2 Likes

There you go again Nellie - Me, Me, Me !! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Your answer is spot on in my view… in that there is no answer.

Real-life-happening is not the same as talking about something.

2 Likes

I believe women should have access to abortion but if someone was anti abortion and protested in the manner that the woman did last night I think that would be ok. What wouldn’t be ok is standing outside a clinic and hassling the women going in and out. I don’t believe at all in violence therefore a peaceful protest involving those in government is always my preferred route.
I don’t think Jo Cox would have been happy to see her death used as an excuse for governments to ride rough shod over free speech.
Margaret Thatcher already castrated the country with her offensive against unions. We should be more like the French and protect our rights.

4 Likes

Does anyone remember John Prescott smacking the bloke that threw an egg at him?
I do, and he was a Merchant Seaman too (meaning, I would do the same).

2 Likes

JP was out on the street in a crowd that were heckling and jostling, He had been hit by something (he wouldn’t necessarily have know it was a harmless eg) and reacted. A completely different matter as in the current incident the man had not been touched, and the woman was just walking past him (and I very much doubt whether he’s ever done anything more adventurous than playing with toy boats in his bath).

2 Likes

“He” being John Prescott?

Frankly, if someone hit me with an egg, I would whack them if I possibly could - quite probably with my handbag rather than risk my fist.

3 Likes

Yes, JP.

He wouldn’t have been carrying a handbag but, if he had, it would have contained a brick.
The ‘egger’ got off lightly!

1 Like

Why was he the only one who thought there was a threat?
He behaved like a thug.
Peter Bottomley should also be castigated for supporting his actions.

3 Likes

Naughty, naughty :wink::wink: a brick in his handbag might be construed as an offensive weapon. :zipper_mouth_face: :rofl:

Anyone who doesn’t believe in climate change is an ostrich.
I am being polite here.

3 Likes

Jane -

No-one is saying they “don’t believe in climate change” - certainly not on this thread !

I think you may have misunderstood Sue’s words.

Jane misunderstanding someone, surely not?:wink:

3 Likes

Laugh-out-loud award of the day Stella ! Kerching :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

I agree. What would have happened if the protester had been a man? I also think she smiled as she was led away. Maybe she knew there would be a furore and it has certainly taken the news by storm. Either way she was the one who was in the wrong .

Hello Janet and welcome to the Forum… :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

I did not misunderstand, I didn’t like the implication that Theresa was saying what she did only because she supports climate change.

Who supports climate change?