Moles infestation

Suppose I shouldnā€™t say this Martin, but, :grinning:

I had a big problem with moles for years, had no success with traps, in the end I bought some special mole poison which did the trick. I found it on the English ebay, it was made in the Ukraine I think.

The French have a great meal called ā€œmoles mariniereā€ā€¦ or is it ā€œmoules mariniereā€

3 Likes

I tried drowning them but the only result was a higher water bill. Theor network of tunnels is probably limitless.

I wonder if home made gunpowder (can be done) and home made safety fuse (can be done) would work like a shock grenade?

Brianā€¦ there are strict rules against using poison/chemicalsā€¦ please ask at your local Garden Centreā€¦ here in Franceā€¦they will know what to suggestā€¦ :zipper_mouth_face:

Luckily enough they all perished. Each year now I get only a few hills, so I put poison down them and that finishes the new comers off. Itā€™s an ongoing thing, they come in from the surrounding fields.

Some of the locals here put pieces they have pruned off their roses in the tunnels, they believe moles are haemophiliacs, I googled it they are not. It wonā€™t make them feel welcome though (:wink:

Unless the poison you put in the ground is classed in France as ā€œsafeā€ for the Environmentā€¦ I would suggest you stop using it and hand it in at your DĆ©chetterie. No point in risking pollution of the water tableā€¦ and/or breaking the law.

use the Belgium methodā€¦bury them alive