Monarchy vs Republic in the UK

Well just continue shaking your head Poppy !

1 Like

The Lass has no alternative, in the face of such entrenched, conservative views, of what a modern society should be, amazing, but, it will change Poppy :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Not entrenched views at all, there has to be real benefits for change rather than just change for changes sake or because we’re in the 21st century and that’s what it’s the PC thing to do.

2 Likes

Pathetic to support the ‘Tribe’, born in the right bed to rule!, what a joke :rofl:

1 Like

I have no entrenched views either but I need convincing that there are benefits to changing the current system. The Queen has been an excellent head of state and Charles has been preparing for it all his life. There is no guarantee that an elected head of state, whatever the role is, would be any better than what is already in place.

I have asked many direct questions and had no answers. A dislike of the current system is not a good enough reason to change it. The upheaval, as proved by the catastrophy that is Brexit, has to be worth it. None of the anti-monarchists on here have given sufficient information to persuade me.

Most of you are concerned about the cost to the UK taxpayer of the Monarchy. But it’s clear from republics elsewhere that the cost is at least equal and often more. It’s also become clear to me doing research these last few days that most of the Royal family live off their private income and receive nothing from the state. My conclusion therefore is that the costs associated with the Royal family are a bit of a red herring.

Anyway, I’ve had my fill of this topic. I only started the thread because someone was kicking off elsewhere… and they haven’t even contributed to the discussion!

1 Like

Because???

1 Like

Well I’ve shaken it but wont waste any more energy on it now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here Poppy, we will look forward to the more enlightened future :grinning: