Mutuelle Carte Blanche?

I update my CV twice a year as its quite complicated with the CSS etc in the data.

I’m sure I’ve seen on SF that pharmacies will do this as a matter of routine when one goes in for a scrip, which in my case is one p.m. for one medication.

Maybe they don’t?

Why is this so? Does it have to be? Maybe, with the FR system, it inevitably is. Many on SF seem to experience it as such.

All the above and more reminds me of the motorist in deep country asking directions of a local,

“You wanna be goin’ where? Well, you don’ wanna be startin 'frum 'ere.”

Why are you constantly looking for problems ? The French healthcare system works fine, you just need to understand how it works.

5 Likes

I’m at the pharmacy every month, waving my Carte Vitale… for my medications.
So, obviously, not all pharmacies do “mis à jour” as a matter of course, otherwise Ameli wouldn’t have sent me a letter telling me to do it… :wink: :wink:

Yes and no. It’s a standard letter and pharmacies will always do a mise à jour or update as and when they stick your card in and the reader tells them to do it.

that seems fair enough, in which case the Pharmacy should do it later this month without me even asking 'em… :wink:

1 Like

The pharmacies usually have a freely available borne de mise a jour, it doesn’t have to be the pharmacist doing it.

That’s true Vero. I used to update my carte vitale myself using the machine that they had for that purpose. The instructions were next to the machine although it’s very straightforward to do.
Izzy x

I’m not and I do - up to a point, Lord Copper. You will recall that this thread began with someone posting a problem.

My own sitution has been identified by others as some kind of problem. To me it is how it is but others find it anomalous.

C.V.s

To sum up., tho’ there may be omissions :roll_eyes:

1] pharmacies will always do a mise à jour or update as and when they stick your card in and the reader tells them to do it.
[/quote]

Except when they don’t.

Vamos a ver. :crossed_fingers:

2] [quote=“cat, post:25, topic:44068”]
It’s a standard letter [/quote]

3] [quote=“vero, post:27, topic:44068, full:true”]
The pharmacies usually have a freely available borne de mise a jour, it doesn’t have to be the pharmacist doing it.
[/quote]

4] [quote=“Shiba, post:21, topic:44068, full:true”]
I update my CV twice a year as its quite complicated with the CSS etc in the data.
[/quote]

5] [quote=“JaneJones, post:18, topic:44068, full:true”]
I think one is reminded once a year, roughly around the anniversary of first signing up or maybe another trigger.
[/quote]

" time to get one’s CVitale “up-to-date” or it will be/might be refused/stop working)".

Heaven forfend! :scream:

Just pick a number, from 1 to 5 … :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The Health Service is magnificent (my experience)
but, with paperwork etc, seems there are lot of differences, possibly depending on the individual person, the size of pharmacy, area of France etc etc… as happens with so many things.

I note that Ameli says their Carte Vitale entitles some people to receive one’s money back within a week (ish)… and… others pay nowt up front.
“in some instances” one doesn’t even have to pay anything upfront to a third party… ie if one has a Mutuelle or is a “special case” …

all in all… there are obviously a few rabbit holes for folk to fall down… :wink:

@captainendeavour
Might be worth you paying a visit to your CPAM and talking things through face to face… if something needs amending/correcting… it will get done… if things are “as they are” at least you’ll know that’s IT. :wink: :wink:

I always assumed this to be the case, as we’ve never asked for a “mis à jour” to be done.

Just as an aside… I’ve clicked onto OH’s Ameli account and it’s got a letter, bearing today’s date… just the same wording as mine had… only mine had yesterday’s date…

so I reckon the “reminder letter” is automatic when one opens one’s Ameli account and takes a peek at one’s Attestation… after a long delay… can’t remember when we last looked, possibly the New Year… or else, it’s just one of those unfathomable things… that we get now and then… trala la… :wink:

A couple of years ago my dentist told me my C.V needed a mis-à-jour. He said not to worry, he could still use it. That was the first time I had ever heard about it. Since then I ask the pharmacie to do it every now and then. Nobody has complained since.

1 Like

Last time we visited a hospital for a GP visit and X ray I paid the bill immediately afterwards. The total bill was 60 euros 25 for the GP visit 35 for the X ray. So as we didn’t have a mutual I paid 15. Maybe hospital bills are not always as clear as this. But anyway I thought that was very reasonable