My passport stamped in error

It matters not if your passeport is stamped. I have three passeports, French, Moroccan and UK ( currently expired). When leaving CdG ten days ago my French pass was stamped, it bothered me not. Upon arrival in Maroc I used my local passeport, it was stamped. When leaving in a few days, it may or may not be stamped again as will my French pass upon my return on the journey back via Spain and onward into France. I care not and it does not make a difference.

Probably best to make sure that the same passport is stamped on entry to/exit from a single territory though - and I suspect that you’d have an easier time should you wish to enter the USA on your French (or UK, if updated) passport than you would on the Moroccan one.

You can ask them not to stamp it but they can stamp it if they wish even though it makes no difference.

1 Like

I do not understand, why would I wish to enter the USA ever again?

Reminds me of the days, long passed, when I ran out of spaces on my passport as I wandered around the world. But the only thing I had to make sure of was not to cross the border into Israel because in those days, '60s, if you had an Israeli stamp you couldn’t enter an Arab country, or so I was told.

These days of course, I wouldn’t have to be reminded, it simply wouldn’t arise.

Very true. I had two UK passports for a time as work required me to visit Israel and Arab countries. I was always careful to leave the non-required passport at home…

Just using it as an example :slight_smile:

On the one occasion that I went to Dubai, my brand-new UK passport was scrutinised very carefully by the immigration officer, and he asked me where my other passport was.

I think he felt its newness was suspicious and meant it was a second passport to hide the fact that I had been to Israel (which I hadn’t).

My passport was brand new simply because my old one had expired!

Luckily he let me in, as I was shooting a wedding there a day or two later and being held or deported would have been awkward, to say the least.

Didn’t Clarkson, May and Hammond have to be careful to have multiple passports when filming around the Middle East?

I do not understand those from brexitland complaining about passports being stamped in Europe.

They, the collective they, voted to drift away from the EU with all the consequences laid out before them, so they must pay the price regardless if they are attached to an apron string of an EU national.

You used to get the Israeli stamps on a bit of paper stapled into your passport so you could ditch it easily.

1 Like

All of my Soviet and Russian visas were always on a separate sheet, part of it was detached on entry and the rest kept on exit.