New habits from living in France?

A few years ago I had to cycle to collect my daughter after school - all the aches and pains afterwards made me realise it was 20 years since I'd cycled anywhere!! Used to cycle 20 miles to work 'in my youth'. Hills at the end of a ride/ walk are killers, aren't they?

Thanks for that, how are you moving, we are planning to hire a van and do 2 trips, Shrewsbury to Toulouse in 5 days, should be interesting!!! We can;t move everything back at once, and we need to leave stuff here when we return to do any maintenance! We are going back for the childrens' education, We rushed our eldest back last October to start his GCSE year, he never really settled here and hated school, he now has so many really close friends and is loving school, finding all the children much more pleasant and well behaved! My other son has just had his first year here at college, not done too badly, but the french side of things is letting him down and I think he will find it all very boring later on, He does not want to go back, he has good friends here, but he will benefit from the UK education too. We are moving near to family as my eldest went to live with Grandparents. It will be the first time since I got married 20 years ago that we have lived within 2 1/2 hours of any family. Hence the living more like the french and spending more time with family! I have the same garden issue too, although no water for 4 days so far has put paid to any of that! The joys of french rural living! Good luck with your move too..

I find that too - cycle less also, the heat puts me off also we bought a house on a hill, and to go anywhere we have to go into the valley and the only way from there is up, plus at the end it is up the drive to home!.

I think with living in the middle of nowhere, I walk less - to go anywhere or do anything you need a car!

Don't believe I just did that!! YOUR move!! ooooops!!

We walk a lot more than we ever did in North America. Especially in town.

http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2012/07/walking-jarnac.html

That's interesting June! That's when we're moving too - back to family :-) Need to do the garden before I leave but it's too hot here!! Good luck with you're move!

I will be taking back Friday Aperos and Weekend pastries!

Would like to have a more french lifestyle, but in the UK, with close friends and family. ( Probably not much eating outside though - though saying that, far too hot to do so here at the moment!)

We are headed back mid August!