I had a new house that I took possession of in 2022. Last spring I noticed a sewage smell in the main bathroom coming from the WC and thought maybe it was coming from the estate itself as the weather was very hot but on inspection by my son under the house in the vide sanitaire he found that the waste pipe from this WC had come away from under it and there was a pile of toilet paper and liquid on the ground. Looking around he noticed that all the plastic waste pipes under the house were not attached to the concrete Dalle and obviously over the previous two years, they had began to bow and were hanging down to the earth. I got in touch with the Builder’s Deçenelle Insurance company which they had to give us a copy of when I signed at the final acte de vente and an expert came out to make an inspection and also my pet plumber who did not do the work but confirmed to me what was wrong came too, it was the maçons who built the house who cut corners and as it turned out, my neighbour who shares the plot with me under co-proprieté had had some pipe issues too so the insurance company were aware of who had done the works. In the end, they paid out €3000 for my plumber to redo all the pipes, strengthen the installation and make sure they were attached to the Dalle which took him five days to complete. Money was paid to me an I paid him on completion. This is how you proceed, with the construction company insurers as it has a ten year guarantee and they are responsible for a visit to make an inspection; Get onto them immediately as they will be the only way to go currently with a new build
1 Like