New Water Meter

Might be worth holiday home owners taking a photo of the actual meter showing the reading when they leave the property for a while. I used to do this even without leaving the property previously each time they came to read the meter and against the estimated one every July. It can always be deleted but good proof if there is a leak

I do this and the electricity meter even though its a Linky.
Years ago in the UK I had a statutory gas meter change. Took photos of the old and the new meters. Just as well as we received a £5000+ bill, as I used to make gas meters I knew it could’nt pass that much gas even if left fully open. Photos saved the day.

2 Likes

Couldn’t pass ?

1 Like

Ta, now corrected.

Thos pesky snakes, coming over here, shacking up in our meter wells - out with them I say ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I believe they are only allowed 90 days in 180.

2 Likes

HI Nicole

I received this week this email from a Stoplinky group in Castres (Tarn et Garonne), it should help you. I leave you translate the document. They might be a similar group in your region. Regards.

Pour les compteurs eau, les distributeurs proposent de remplacer votre compteur, jusque là pas de problème, puisque les appareils de comptage pour l’eau doivent être remplacés tous les 15 ans.

Sauf que les nouveaux compteurs sont communicants et équipés d’un émetteur radio permettant de communiquer votre relevé d’index, soit épisodiquement ou en permanence, selon les modèles et le système choisi. Ces appareils sont l’équivalent d’un téléphone portable émettant des ondes nocives pour la santé.

De plus la multiplication du nombre de compteurs émetteurs augmente considérablement le brouillard électromagnétique. La vie privée est aussi en danger, puisqu’il permet de savoir en temps réel de savoir ce qui se passe dans une habitation.

Comme pour le compteur linky, la pose d’un compteur communicant n’est pas obligatoire à cause du changement de technologie… On doit accepter le remplacement du compteur d’eau (tous les 15 ans comme stipulé dans la plupart des contrats), à condition qu’il s’agisse d’un compteur normal, non équipé d’un module émetteur. Dans certains cas le technicien enlève le module à la demande de l’usager.

Autre problème, rapporté par nos abonnés, lors de la pause il peut se produire des fuites. La raison à cela semble le manque de compétence des prestataires de service. Il convient d’exiger, après le remplacement du compteur un test d’étanchéité et vérifier dans les jours qui suivent s’il n’y a pas de fuites (nous pouvons vous aider pour savoir comment procéder). Merci de nous signaler si vous avez eu des incidents de ce type.

Pour refuser le compteur d’eau communicant, il est recommandé d’envoyer un courrier de refus à votre fournisseur d’eau, envoie du courrier type sur simple demande au collectif SLTS-5G.

Pour les compteurs gaz de ville, pas d’obligation non plus, puisque le compteur “Gazpar” est également communicant, intrusif et émetteur d’ondes néfastes du fait de la multiplication des équipements pour chaque habitation équipée du gaz de ville.

Courrier de refus à GDF sur simple demande au collectif (adresse en bas de page).

Pour le collectif SLTS-5G

Bernard

Permanence téléphonique du collecti f SLTS-5G : 06 34 64 66 49 ou 06 17 98 26 76

It’s approximately this point which I rolled my eyes and stopped reading .

3 Likes

Exactly, plus it’s incorrect anyway as Linky uses the existing power cables to transmit and receive data…

We’re talking about water meters here though aren’t we?

Oops, my bad… I wasn’t paying attention as I’m sat in a conference call. I just saw the email that was shared was from a group called “stop linky”

In which the tin hat brigade have nothing to do with a leak, except with an electronic meter leaks are easier to detect even if you are not present at the property.

2 Likes

It seems odd that the “pressure group” is complaining about negative waves, Moriarty, but then leaves a couple of mobile numbers to call.

4 Likes

I do the same when i read your comment.

What about 5g and airplane trails spreading virus.

1 Like

Hmmm, OK

First I will briefly don my moderator’s hat and remind you that the site rule regarding personal attacks is taken seriously.

Unfortunately, as @Corona says as soon as we get to a comment about mobile phone emissions being harmful to health we are in tin foil hat territory - reinforced by the comment about “electromagnetic fog”.

No harm has been demonstrated from mobile phone radio emissions - even with the device clamped to your ear, just a couple of cm from your brain. Nor has any link to health been demonstrated from any “electromagnetic fog” - no matter what the snake oil purveyors of dubious devices which are supposed to “clean your mains” might claim (which, if they contain anything at all, just contain a low value capacitor strapped between live and neutral).

It is also ironic (as already noted) that a mobile phone number is given to contact the group if you wish, and no doubt they are using computers which emit all sorts of random electromagnetic radiation.

It’s a pity in some ways because the advice about leaks is perfectly sensible but the rest is just fear mongering.

The strength of radio waves radiating out from a source varies with the square of distance from the source. So if we take brain tissue 3cm from a phone as the basic reference point then the signal strength 1m away is going to be 1/33 * 1/33 as much - i.e over 1000 times weaker. I don’t know about you but if I had a “smart” water meter readings via the mobile network I could almost certainly guarantee to be more than a metre away almost all of the time, so the risk is at least a thousand fold less than making a mobile phone call.

5g only affects you if you’ve had the Covid vaccine and they haven’t had time to do the chemtrails because of having to make all the RFID brain control chips for the phony vaccination programme.

4 Likes

The 4 water meters in our hameau were all changed on the same day, with no prior notice. There were no access problems as they are all external & there are no gates or fences.

I’m very happy as the pits get filled up with earth by burrowing creatures, & it was a pain for the meter reader to excavate them.

I spoke to the person fitting them & they use some kind of bluetooth/transponder system. The meter reader just comes close by with their reading device. No kind of long distance radio, wifi or mobile 'phone system required; all very harmless. I don’t see that other areas would use anything different as, unlike Linkys there is nothing to power a device attached to a water meter.

1 Like

Interesting. something completely unpowered which can be read by a contactless device would be more likely to be RFID, not Bluetooth - but it’s not true that there’s no source of power, I’ll bet a little vane in the water flow and a small coil/magnet (i.e dynamo) could generate enough power to charge a battery for occasional readings via Bluetooth.

1 Like

That’s my guess too, but the installer mentioned bluetooth. Maybe they weren’t party to what the actual magic is, or your generating idea has legs.

Whatever the method, it certainly isn’t long range or at all powerful. Also in the case of all 4 houses here no dwelling is within 20m of any water meter, not that I’d be bothered if the meter was inside the house, but then I’m not one who likes to sport a tinfoil hat :wink:

Reading the meter at a distance is not a perfect science.
We have this type of meter but the battery must be flat as the meter man had to get access in November to read it inside its chamber.