New Winter Sickness

Oh don't Kathrin - we're going back home in 2 weeks and for sure we're going to take our English viruses to France and pick up some lovely Gastro to bring back here. It happens every time. I almost want to cover my cheeks in blue gel. The thing that gets me is when no-one says they've had Gastro until one of you come down with it and then they say 'oh yes I/other half/my kids) had it last week. Thanks a bunch!

I think we need a Bise rule - no handshaking or Bises in Winter if you've had a cold, virus, gastro or Flu in the past 2 weeks. I'm not being anti-social just trying to minimise sickness! Not sure it would work - as it's kind of automatic now - especially when we haven't seen people for a few weeks. Oh well, I'd better make sure I have lots of sick buckets ready for next weekend!

I sooo feel the same! I just hate the virus season - both of mine already had their first cold. I make them take vitamins, but do they really work? I'm not sure, but it's peace of mind, I guess. For me, the worst sickness is the well-known "gastro". As soon as I hear it's "around", I'm sure they all get it. If they are not hungry in the evening, I can't sleep because I'm sure it'll start just that night. If they say they are not feeling well, it's just the same. I'll listen out for any suspicious noise all night. And if a friend gives me a "bise" in the morning, then telling us that one of her children has been sick all night - I could murder!

Why can't we hibernate, just like animals do? And wake up to beautiful spring, when everybody is well!