NHS,what went wrong?

Even the Mirror, of all rags, is sticking the boot in this morning.

2 Likes

Yes but not to worry, Rishi has the answer…

2 Likes

Yes I would like the bill part to be shown on every American medical drama we import into the UK then maybe some would wake up. America you had a chance with Obama but wasted it.

2 Likes

Yes they itemise everything from the ambulance to all the drugs,bed linen used,treatment administered, admin fees, food and everything else most patients would not be thinking about whilst hanging onto their lives! Dentists are the same, more interested in cosmetic proceedures than ordinary fillings and crowns etc and the costs to go with it.

1 Like

As I have some form of dyscalculia, I cannot remember sequences and if there is a page of numbers my brain just flips.
I also have a problem with spacial awareness, which makes it difficult when I am putting knitted garments togther
I have the same problem with learning grammar.
The idea of continuing with Maths makes me feel appalled.

3 Likes

I wonder where he’s going to get the math teachers from, there’s already an acute shortage due to more Tory underfunding?

3 Likes

Goodness Jane… I had to look that word up. I can certainly understand your feelings, but reckon that it will not be imposed on those for whom it would be inappropriate.

I was never officially diagnosed with anything specific, but my schools agreed I had a problem in a certain area of education. I was allowed to skip/miss certain classes and concentrate on what I was good at …

I hope I will be forgiven for redirecting the title of this post a little ….

As an example of excellence in a public healthcare system, perhaps the UK could learn some things from Denmark

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-healthcare-in-the-world

I have no personal experience using this but was listening on the radio to a Danish first responder working in the NHS and without condemning the system in UK, made some eye opening comparisons that prompted me to do a little research.

No need to reinvent the wheel. Surely, the NHS can learn and adopt improvements by study of successful healthcare systems elsewhere?

No time like the present and no time to waste finding proactive solutions.

1 Like

But sadly, that’s the very point. The present govt have no actual interest in improving the NHS!

4 Likes

I was never diagnosed with it either. I can do mental arithmetic, it is the process of getting things down on paper that causes my problem.
I was not allowed to sit my maths GCE at my grammar school and I did the comprehension part of the English grammar paper and got an A.

1 Like

Why are you surprised, it is a Labour rag after all? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I stopped Geography after my first term in Yr 1 at Grammar School…
Anything where I have to recall names (for example), just causes me to blank… yet I can describe a place/area as if I’m looking at a photo of it… but can I name it… not a hope… and that goes for friends/family as well…
My opening gambit with lifelong friends…
"Hello Handsome/Beautiful… how are you today… ".
They know full well I can’t remember their name but they don’t mind… thank heavens.
I can recall every fun time we’ve shared… and the sad times… that’s what counts.

1 Like

Officially you are correct, not that I see much difference between it and the Sun/Express in practice.

Thankfully, I don’t see any of them at all.
Unless someone posts a picture on here. :wink:

2 Likes

Makes you wonder Debbie.

How about if he announced PT or PE as it used to be called when I was at school was obligatory for those up to the age of 18 ?
Kids or young men would be fitter which would in turn, mean less NHS intervention in their later years maybe ?

5 Likes

Like the closure and flogging off of cottage hospitals, selling off school playing fields has also impacted so much of English society.
Who knew?

Goodness Peter, how young are you. It was always PT at every school I attended (4). :astonished:

While on the same subject, when did RK become RE? :roll_eyes:

when they decided that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing perhaps? :thinking:

Owen Jones

Bring back the 1 year’s compulsory Army or national service for all, I say!

For girls too and with a wider choice of options such as volunteering locally, nationally or internationally, or tutoring others.

4 Likes