Nothing is sacred any more

why on earth would people buy stamps on line… ???

EDIT: @JaneJones @JohnBoy
I am answering @Susannah 's post about UK… not France…
although perhaps people in France want to buy UK stamps and can only buy them on-line… ??
although buying online from anyone who is NOT Post Office (or LaPoste) must be fraught with danger.
that’s my opinion… others are welcome to disagree… :wink:

This is not exact model, but similar. It is linked to underfloor heating and 6 rads.

1 Like

When you have no post office of post box left. You can order them to be dropped off, or select what you want and print yourself. Useful for non standard weight particularly.

I would prefer a post office, but not if I have to make extra journey.

1 Like

Not from chinese sources butvery easy and efficient from La Poste.
Yes you beed a printer, some glue to adhere the printed stamp to letter and some scales to check the weight but it saves alot of hassle.
I then wait for our factrice to arrive and she is more than happy to take my letter.

2 Likes

That uses R407 refrigerent that is being phased out so see if there is an updated unit using R410 or R290.

I can highly recommend a sheet of labels to save a lot of faffing around. You can either print a whole sheet so they’re always on hand or one at a time. The website lets you pick where on the page you want start printing so there’s no waste.

3 Likes

Re fake stamps, they are probably seen as legit, just as other things made in China are cheaper. People will have long lost the connection between operation of the post office and stamps.

New stamps have a bar code (QR code ) I belive the letter etc gets spat out of the sorting office machine if the code is not legit so recipient has to pay postage and an administration fee so could be around a £5 to get your letter.

1 Like

That’s useful to know - thank you John. Having had problems before with software that always assumed you started at position one, I didn’t realise this was now possible. Certainly would save on getting covered in Pritt each time :rofl:

Thanks Jane. I’m stuck with air/air at this stage. Also I don’t think underfloor suits the variability of our local climate. Though I did put in electric underfloor to compliment the air/air system but heating up the slab for the few unpredictable very cold days isn’t a runner.

Our problem is “feeling” warm. We can sit in Dublin at 22 and feel toasty, sit here at 23 and feel chilly :roll_eyes:

Thats normally down to drafts. Our floor in france is onto the earth, London is a typical timber suspended floor. 17 in France feels warmer compared to 17 in London because of the cold air under the timber suspended floor.

1 Like

Yes, we’ve a big (cold) cave under the salon and a big ceiling a​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: in it, so I guess the heat is rising and circulating all the time. I did think about bolting a “ceiling fan” to one of the poutres to force the heat down again, but apart from a disconcerting wobbling decapitator overhead, I thought I’d I just create more air currents :roll_eyes:

Its all down to balance :joy: I shall fit one in my yet to be built abri just to discourage biting insects.

Any chance of adding under floor insulation?

Good suggestion, should look at it. The cave ceiling height isn’t great and I do use it as a man cave, you know to store all my unused but too good a bargain to miss Lidl tools (including air compressor and all the accessories) I’m only 5’ 11’’ so maybe room to glue on 4” or so insulation. Could be an inexpensive but potentially effective remedy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Those mono blocks only give you just over 2Kw of heating under ideal conditions, as the temperature drops outside so does the heat output of the unit, they need to be fitted indoors but to an outside wall, the shorter the duct to the outside the more efficient they are with a long run on the duct they become less efficient

1 Like

Thank you, Shiba, for taking the time to pass on this information.