Ah, but they Move in Mysterious Ways, so who knows what their motives could be? Perhaps, unbeknownst to us, there is a heavenly TV show called Strictly Come Haunting?
I’m even more certain that the right answer is actually - Who cares?
Those who delight in minute detail and nitpicking about irrelevances.
Quite a lot of the present assembled then ![]()
Basis for a military elite / ballroom dance reality show: “Who Cares Who Wins”
Which is the “meaning” of the original phrase, of course.
My grandparents lived on Lockfley drive when they moved from the The Crescent.. I spent so many school holidays in Thurcroft with extended family in every other street.
The Spanish are very blasphemous. Jesús is what you say when someone sneezes, and por la Virgen is also a common curse.
At a Spanish resto a couple of drivers were talking about (I thought) a trip to Austria.
I tried asking them about it, and discovered they were saying “hostia” or holy bread. Oh well it gave them a laugh.
god’s hooks
I believe that god’s hooks is itself a euphemism, as the hooks refer to the nails used in the crucifixion of Christ. I have no idea why hooks would be preferable to nails, but religion doesn’t make any sense to me anyway.
I agree, but if you look at the ingredients of Dove, amongst the fatty acids is steric acid, most soaps are sodium salts of steric acid, but once in water the only difference will be the pH.
… said the man who’s admitted to using a Turkish VPN for some purposes.
As you said, crack on ![]()
Unfortunately those of us who seek out real pure soap - in my case also as finely milled as possible - do find a lot of products which technically contain a soap but unwanted other things as well. Dove, whilst an excellent product in many ways, is a perfect case.
Due to this, Dove soap is actually quite hard to clear from the skin - it likes to leave a ‘film’ due to those other substances. I know, because I’ve had quite a few bars of all the different sorts of it as I used to work at Unilever that make it and had access to their staff shop. Which of course I richly exploited
.
But pure soap, Dove ain’t, though it’s a better product than many.
Savon de Marseille from the bio shop is good
even if the blocks are sometimes unwieldy.
Having worked in the chemical industry for all of my working life, Dove soap is very supportive of the industry.
Personally I will continue to use a simple soap.
We have someone on the market who sells soap made with asses’ milk.
Not sure if it’s a good thing, but it sounds like it is.
I bought some for my OH in our local market and he sais it was superb for shaving. It smells reallly nice too.
Soaps made from coconut oil are excellent for shaving soap as they produce a good lather.
said the man who’s admitted to using a Turkish VPN for some purposes.
That was rather my point. You’ll find no rationalisation about legality or otherwise here, I just get on with it.
OH and I have come up with an acceptable word to verbally/mentally throw at any stupid/dangerous driver… “Gravillons”
We’ve been out for the day with our club and en route saw several notices warning us of “Gravillons”.
By sheer fluke, shortly after each notice, we had a daft/dangerous/whatever driver nearly take us to an early grave and I tried to lighten the mood by mentioning… “well we were warned…” ![]()