Ofii Meeting

I am learning french through a local association (associationdesamis) for 10 euros per term.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know what all the fuss was about… :roll_eyes: You were all absolutely correct, it was all fine… Just got back from Caen and by way of helping anyone else through these anxieties, this was our experience…

8:45 a.m. and the Centre d’Imagerie in Caen… OH and I both had a lung scan (the first thing the ‘scanning person’ said to us, would you like me to speak English? I Could have kissed him! That all took about 30 mins to wait for the X-ray to takeaway with us, hotfooting it down the road to the Prefecture which was about 3 min walk away…

Our RDV was 9:30 - lots of people there waiting all for the same thing seemingly… Didn’t go in until 10-:30 - let OH and I go in together, very nice doctor in a room - again asked if we would prefer to speak English and I said (believing I was under surveillance!), said ‘No’, I love practicing my French ( :grimacing:) but he kindly continues speaking in English…

He checked out both of our X-rays and gave them a stamp of approval, then to each of us, it was, weight, height, blood pressure, listened to chest and back and a quick read of an eye chart… Et voila, a nice big ‘Approved’ Stamp and we were off… Done… no check on language, or anything… Mightily relieved…

I am sure all of these regional offices will vary but the one in Caen was brilliant… What can I worry about now? Thanks to all of you again for your reassuring comments and help… Jane

3 Likes

If you started to speak in French that would have ticked the language box. All that is required is A1, which is simple sentences.

Now you can relax and enjoy!

1 Like