Old Chestnut - The Internet'

Hi all,
I can visualise many of you breaking into a big yawn here so apologies in advance.
I am currently paying just shy of £50 now for my monthly internet via UKTelecom. Is this it? Is there any other affordable way I can get a reliable package (no phone needed) anywhere please? I’m in Baie de Somme, just 90k from Calais and 50k from Dieppe. Thanks in advance.

You might like to look at this thread from a snort while ago.

Visit www.degrouptest.com which will give you an idea of providers and speeds for the landline.

As a baseline Orange.fr charge 22.99€/month for the 1st year then 36.99/month for their base package over copper (VDSL or ADSL) and 22.99€/month x 12 months, then 41.99€/mo for their 300mbit/s fibre offering.

Both come with unlimited calls to landlines in France and 100 other countries, 160 channels of TV, and VoIP phone (with normal French “geographic” number).

For 4G based solutions, start with “how good is the mobile signal in the house” and is it 3G or 4G?

Thank you so much Paul. The broadband speed is phenomenal in the house and I think we’re on 4G. Thank you again.

Thank you Graham.