On the lines of the TV series "Who do you think you are", how do you view your self in France?

I was universitied there too. As soon as I could I scrammed from Hartlepool. I went to the Institute of Technology on Bell Street (next door to the Polis), and that then became University of Abertay. 1990 - 1994

I am equally comfortable in the Isle of Man or the Aude, Brian. Don't think I would be comfortable in the UK anymore, but perhaps that's a political position, as the UK keep on battering the IoM like a force 10 gale!! We jump through one hoop only to find they have put 2 more in our path!!

Interestingly, my wife has family up the Law Hill.

Hawkhill, just up from West Port, Nick. How do you know Dundee?

It's not a flippant answer I gave Phil, it really is how I feel. I reckon that I would just get on and live whever it may be so long as I were comfortable, if not, I'd move.

Where was Mickey Coyles?

Och aye, I had a whole gang of relatives living up as far up as you could live on the Law Hill. Dundee.

I am a Scot by blood, to repeat myself for the umpteenth time, like Andrew I am politically a republican but consider myself an internationalist or, for people who like smaller boxes, a European. Who do I think I am? Actually, I don't really care. I live in France and am happy living here and do exactly the same things professionally - research on childhood and if I pull down another page I find myself writing and article for a journal on child abuse and my head is back in that. Like Nick I am comfortable, ny Swiss OH is comfortable, my children are comfortable and that seems to define all I need. As for the many paged debate with Andrew and Carol, that is my political position, not who I am.

Fair enough Nick. We used to frequent the MC (Mickey Coyle's bar - known to us as the Medical Club bar)!!

I see myself as a citizen living where I am comfortable.

Dundee eh? Bet you spent a quid or two in Tally Ho's