Opening Bank Account

Aha… well done… you had me worried for a moment :roll_eyes: :wink:

We’ve kept a Britline account for our rentals. We pay and cheques in locally with no problem. Usually credited the same day. Not sure how we would do that with Revolut,

They take your blood once you’ve opened an account and once they’ve started they bleed you dry :scream::rofl:

1 Like

A thought- I got the GB IBAN from Revolut with the Euro account for exchanging £ to Euro, I’ve just put that in as the Frecnh impot tax account - do you think Revolut will process French direct debits on the GB Euro account?

Maybe I should switch back to the French bank account… or will the staring GB euro account support French DD’s?

Pretty sure it just has to be the EUR account, whether it’s a GB or LT IBAN, or now obviously an FR one for residents, so as long as you’ve given them the IBAN for the EUR account you should be fine. I think it’s set up so as to not cause confusion that U.K. direct debits go to the GBP account and SEPA direct debits go to the EUR account. Ditto Starling.

My CA Britline account has an ‘IBAN Etranger’, but it starts with FR. So, I assume it’s French…

Just wondering… are you Resident in France yet ???

Not yet. Hoping to buy next year and retire soon after. Long-term stay visa to start and residence as soon as I can after that.

1 Like

Just looked at a RIB in my Credit Agricole cheque book and it carries the wording Etranger as well as the FR76 etc … standard stuff.
of course FR76 identifies the country (France… hurrah).

here’s an example from the web …

1 Like

The Etranger just refers to the international format, It’s just separating out the local format, the RIB where it’s split into sections, and the internationally recognised format, the IBAN, where it’s all put together in a long line. They are both the same number, the local just separates it into Country code, bank code, branch code, account number etc whereas as I say the IBAN runs it all together.

1 Like

Thankyou all for your comments. Think I will stick with Starling and if be go with Britline. Cheers all