“Openly Jewish”

Had a flat beside South Norwood lake on Avenue Road in '74/'75. Does that count?

2 Likes

Preferable not to confuse the two…

Preferable not to confuse the two…

Our first flat after marrying in '81 was in Auckland road, just across from the lake. Small world indeed.

2 Likes

Bit of a throw away comment SJ, what sort of “lawyer”, a solicitor, a barrister, some other variety? What’s your area of expertise? :thinking: Plus, where do you practice, if at all?

I’ve no idea why you’ve launched off on a tangent about women’s safety when the matter under discussion is the provocative actions of the man in question. He was there to cause trouble and sadly he succeeded.

With all due respect, based on past experience, you sound like you may be an Israeli troll to me. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m surprised you guys took so long to get here. Too busy misinforming and defending the indefensible elsewhere perhaps :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Anyway, welcome.

Meanwhile (and I apologise for including a link to the Mail) a “pro Palestine” man has been convicted, not because he offended anybody but because he didn’t include a sword on his headband. The judges logic and, indeed, ignorance is unbelievable. It is yet another example that there is a Government driven pro Israel sentiment in the UK (added and abetted by the powerful Jewish lobby). No less so in the US.

“Hamas is the most notable Palestinian group associated with the colour green … He was wearing the headband at the pro-Palestinian march, where there would be no reasons for someone to wear the headband of a Saudi flag.

“It clearly did not have the Saudi sword on it.

“I find the defendant guilty of the offence.”

Saudi flag including script and missing sword :roll_eyes:

Meanwhile II, Protesters against the war are called antisemites by war criminal and child murderer Netanyahu.

I think this pro Palestine vs pro Isreal terminology is very misleading and being propagated by those with an agenda. The correct term IMO is anti war and pro war. Hopefully this term will spread.

1 Like

Goodness me John, settle down there with your aggressive accusations and unnecessary grilling! Not only are you coming off as unhinged but you’re also contributing nothing intellectually. Not everyone who has a different view to you is part of some wild Israeli disinformation campaign. You’ve ruined what was quite an interesting debate!

Oh dear :joy:

I regret you found my tone condescending. It prejudices my argument.

You suggest the police should have allowed a Jewish man, and his cameraman, declaratively wearing a kippah to walk through a march of anti-Israeli war protestors, because a Jewish man has a right, as any other resident in UK, to walk anywhere in public.

It is part of a policeman’s job to see and predict public behaviours that may result in violence.

An “openly Jewish” dressed man wading against the flow of marchers would have incited some in the crowd to verbal exchange. This would likely have quickly escalated , given the inevitable presence on the march of at least one who speaks with their fists. A punch thrown in a crowd can quickly escalate into a punching melee. Into this placard waving churn the police would then be expected to wade and extract the Jewish man from harm?

Multiple arrests for affray. Anti-semitic soundbites caught in handy phonecams. All designed to prove Britain’s society, and police, is anti-semitic.

The police in this case were proactive and correctly prevented violence.

The ‘right’ of one person to do as they wish does not trump the rights of others. One person’s freedom (and a handy cameraman or two) was compromised for the peace and protection of many.

The real story here may lie in why such a provocative action was attempted at all. What did they hope to gain?

:smirk:

5 Likes

It may have been very convenient to find your tone condescending, such are the tools and weapons of debate.

I have noticed a tendency in many people when arguing about hot-button topics to find something in the words used that was clearly not there, then require that person to waste time unpicking or ‘proving’ their point. An example might be the precise numbers of Palestinians killed in the conflict, where the focus is repeatedly shifted onto the unreliability of numbers provided by Hamas, rather than the fact that a very large number of civilians have been killed.

Just like politics, often debate is not won by facts or truth, but the way in which personalities wield words.

8 Likes

Nice house…!

But look at the state of the pool !:grimacing:

2 Likes

Thats not it I believe.

Oh, when I zoomed in to Street View it shows it’s called Fairways. The chimney stack and Velux windows look to be the same in both images. Anyway, it’s a nice-looking house even if it isn’t his :smiley:

I think you are right, its been masively extended, it wasnt that wide before.

I guess it didn’t need to be as tall either :smiley:

2 Likes

You are quite right.

Seems more information about the event is emerging to inform on context

Certainly, not behaviour likely to win friends!

As more events in Gaza reach the news, whining about the injustice of not being able to wander in London while declaring Israel “has a right to defend itself” with the death of Palestinian children as necessary collateral damage will look increasingly distasteful

2 Likes

Personally I think Falter is a troublemaking little shit, and needs to be called out as such. Of course, that could accurately said of anybody Braverman approves of, or indeed herself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I wonder if MI5 (Security Service today) or MI6 (SIS) & GCHQ would have had something negative to say about his appointment?

3 Likes

It seems Falter is planning to cause more trouble today. I hope he’s arrested this time if he does.

BTW looks like @SJCooper , the mystery “lawyer”, has run away :thinking:

This video is a real hoot. It shows a photo of Falter harassing the police (blue arrow) saying Jewish people don’t feel safe only yards away from elderly Jewish people, who obviously feel safe :joy:

3 Likes