ORANGE Livebox Rental

How about when there’s a new Livebox. Do they tell you, or do you have to ask? Can you then go to a shop and exchange your old one for a new one?

No since I connected 5 years ago, I have not been offered an upgrade. I did not expect to be. Why would I if I was NOT renting and using MY OWN box? Surely this points to them knowing and accepting the situation.

We were offered fibre last year and had it connected in May 2020. We now have speed that I frankly don’t know if we need.
+/- 300 up and down.
We have a new Black Livebox that we are presently renting.
Over the +/-30 years I have have kept abreast of Livebox launches and have changed when I considered it necessary.

This might be useful for you.

If you require more details just ask and I will try to help you.

1 Like

I’m guessing that the non-rental option may apply to any other router other than Livebox.? That is, one brought from a retailer. Perhaps the technology didn’t exist before to identify that you had a Livebox or that they simply hadn’t twigged?

When it was necessary, how did you change it? Can you just take the old one to a shop and exchange it for the new one?

I have always contacted customer service who have deemed the box knackered and have consequently given me the ref number of a new box to be picked up from your local Orange shop.

1 Like

I suspect that since I took out my contract with Orange they have possibly changed the goalposts. Re: using my own box instead of theirs. If this is the case they should have given me the option to decide if I wanted to change or accept the new terms. They have not done this so I deem this a good reason to change provider at short notice.

Just check on the internet if there is a new box been released by the manufacturer or Orange. If it looks like Orange is offering a new box, just ask them.

1 Like

That’s how I kept my Livebox updated when I was with Orange.

1 Like