Orange, you have got to be joking!

I put in a complaint about our mobile phones not working and eventually they gave us a femtocell. Mind you we had to pick it up from an inter marche 12 miles away, pay for it on our bill, print out the bill, highlight the femtocell item, post the bill recorded to the address at the top of the bill and then the following month they refunded us. I think it was a victory!

Our orange phones now work perfectly with a femtocell - no signal in the village.

Steve, it uses the wifi signal to improve cell phone reception near the router, so it should make your phone work better in the house. I'll let you know if it actually does when I've tried it out. I think it will only help Orange users or maybe only even registered phones. No idea yet!

I went to a customer the other day and they have an Orange femtocell which gives them a 3G signal in an area where we struggle to get GPRS due to the fact the village is covered by a basic transmitter operated by Bouygues on behalf of the 3 main operators. But I shan't bother, if I'm at home, I don't need 3G thanks to wifi.

Whats it supposed to actually do. Either because of the thickness of my walls or the thickness of the operator (me), I cannot get mobile calls in the house but need to go across to the steps of the church across the road to get any sort of coverage. Is this what this is designed to help with (and would it be unavailable given my landline phone/Internet are Orange but mobile is from Free )

Update! Yesterday I called Orange to see when I could expect to see an improvement in ADSL speeds chez moi, once Stephanie had stopped laughing at the stupidity of my request I asked again about the Femtocell (the gadget designed to improve cell coverage near to your router). She says yes, you can have it for just 19 euros! I ordered one and pick it up on Wednesday. (Delivery to my house perhaps? No, Mr Higginson, we're doing you a favour here remember.)

I'll let you know if it actually works. If you want one too, call the English speaking helpline on 0969363900

They did this down the lane. A telegraph pole came down, it was actually still connected to the wires so they didn't bother to come out for 18 months, the people whose garden it came down in, were very magnanimous...I would have been in the Orange shop screaming. Anyway, eventually the wires pinged off and FT aka Orange came out and fixed it over the course of a day. Must say we were shocked they actually didn't make a bad situation worse.

We have had nothing but misery with our connection to Orange. Even their dongles didnt work! delays, cock ups, rudeness, charges. They are but a distant memory! we moved to UKTV for our phones and broadband and life has been sweet for 4 years. No problems at all. A good, solid, reliable service that also provides, as part of the package, a VPN. We have only ever lost service maybe twice for a couple of hours, both times around 2 a.m. They reply immediately when you email them and you speak to helpful people at the end of the line (they are in Surrey). We have less problems with our broadband in France now than we do in the UK....BT and TalkTalk leave a lot to be desired. Aiming for Virgin next time around...found them to be excellent.

Blimey!

1 Like

Hereā€™s a thought for you about Orange/France Telecom!

Two weeks ago someone took out a telegraph pole and with it over 100 metres of telephone cables, breaking a crucial cable in three places. This ā€˜accidentā€™ took out all telephone and Internet connections over the area of Saint-Nicolas Courbefy. When I telephoned the France Telecom helpdesk to report no line and no Internet, they told me work had commenced and all lines would be back by 24th March.

Our telephone rang at around 16h00 on the 21st, and we thought - wonderful! Until we went out to see the repairs - our picture shows how one of the three breaks looks two weeks on. Amazingly the broken telegraph pole has been replaced - No.518030 - but the cables still lie on the ground between nine telegraph poles.

We can use the telephone but our Internet connections are decidedly dodgy to say the least - on/off every few seconds, making it near impossible to use the Internet, to make connections to the bank, or use things like SKYPE. It accelerates the day when we simply must install TOOWAY Satellite Internet, and bring to an end using the near monopoly of France Telecom!

It is clear France Telecom and their contractors do not care about those of us who live in rural France, still having to use old copper wires in this age of rapidly changing communications.

Well this is good to know. I couldn't help but laugh, and laugh some more, along with the disgust I felt...

I just signed up with mobile Orange today, on a prepay basis, but with the intent to go with Free. In all my research of various ISP's (Internet Service Provider) and mobile carriers, it was Free I kept hearing about as the one to go to - at least for mobile service - at very reasonable rates...

I am from Canada - and there are those who have complaints with various carriers, but none quite so draconian - WOW - is all I have to say.

Yes James, you have the patience of I'm not sure who, but certainly you are near the top of the list. I would have been quite close to telling them to go take a flying leap sooner than you, I think...

Anyway, I hope you get all your issues solved sooner than later... kudos to you!!

!!!

Don't let it bother you Norm. Kate obviously has a problem in the giving department as she cgaf as opposed dgaf :-)

Cheers Krister. That's another thing ticked off my bucket list of stuff I must learn before I pop me clogs ;-) It's now saved so I will never have to ask again. I must say though that I prefer the unexpurgated version!!

We also had Leclerc, but when we moved here we noticed that the coverage (SFR) is not very good and none at all inside the house. Changed to Free, which is Orange network here, and it works perfectly. And 2ā‚¬/month is a good price.

Charming? This supposed to add to communication somehow? Sorry Kate but there IS a problem of communication- your comments confirm it. 'But it's hard to hear on the I'm far more superior than you horse, and just to finish off????????' is as close to incoherent as one can get - or am I the only one with this problem (well me and Vic - both acknowledged old farts).

Perhaps those of us over childhood years should look elsewhere?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cgaf

Kate, I think if you explained what a "cgaf meter" is it would go a long way towards helping people understand what you are trying to communicate. Go on, I know your thingy is below zero but please tell this old fart what it means ;-)

Itā€™s not the wtf meter itā€™s the cgaf meterā€¦no problem with communication here, but as they say in the classics, listening is not just waiting for other person to stop speaking, buT itā€™s hard to hear on the Iā€™m far more superior than you horseā€¦and just to finish off ??? Apparently that has some meaning, if you had bothered to understand my comment you wouldnā€™t have come back with such a ignorant responseā€¦but then again this is the 2nd time you have responded in such a way, so Iā€™m assuming that youā€™ve just taken a dislikeā€¦so really as I say my cgaf meter is now less than zero.

i'm with you on the l'eclerc/sfr thing.. been with sfr for 6 yrs, was club-internet/neu9 and now sfr.. had a few hiccups but have been pretty good throughout.. and l'eclerc mobile seems to work where other big name signals drop out,, and at 1ā‚¬50/m it's fine,,